This hotel is located directly on the Royal Mile, and a few minutes walk from the train station. They are clean, and the bathrooms are modern. The staff were friendly and polite. However, this is a budget chain and there are a few things that could be improved upon. WiFi is not included, and even if you pay for 24hrs you will need to frequently go through a tedious log in process. The beds are small. I am a girl of average height, and when I slept on my side, my knees and feet hung off the sides of the bed. When I slept on my back (because they were so narrow) I would wake up extremely stiff due to the mattress.
Overall, this was a reasonable hotel, and if you get a good deal it's not a bad option. It beats the pants off the Ibis at London Euston.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Hotel
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile hotel is located in the old town,just off the Royal Mile, Princess Street and its numerous restaurants are all within walking distance. 5 min from Waverley railway station and 12 km from the airport, the hotel has 99 rooms, including 6 adapted for disabled guests. It has a bar serving snacks 24/24 and Wifi Internet access for guests on a business trip. Public parking is 10 min on foot from the hotel, with reductions for clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.