I've stayed in a lot of IBIS hotels and I have always enjoyed my stay (see my reviews for Sion and Heidelberg), but this one was horrible. Disgusting. The rooms were filthy, the bed stank and there was more foreign hair in the shower, bed and rug than I care to remember, not all of it long and straight if you know what I mean.
We stayed over New Year 2012 and they ran out of towels due what they said was a delivery issue. This would have been ok, but that day we had piled up our used towels on the bathroom floor, which resulted in towels literally stained black (imagine how dirty that floor was). The thing that angered us the most was that they simply hung the towels up again with no note informing us, so I almost dried my face in the black greasy dirty stained towel before I realised the towel was filthy. Gross!
I still give them two stars though because the staff was excellent. They appeared to be understaffed (obvious cost savings), but they remained very helpful hard working and friendly. I felt very sorry for them and that is not the feeling I can imagine a hotel would like to instil in their guests.
We planned on a seven night stay but after four nights we moved to another hotel (Radisson Blue, which was excellent!!). We could not stand it anymore. We found out later that friends had received a 50 pound room cost reduction (they also left after four days) because they complained. I guess the squeaky wheel really does get the oil. We will definitely not be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile hotel is located in the old town,just off the Royal Mile, Princess Street and its numerous restaurants are all within walking distance. 5 min from Waverley railway station and 12 km from the airport, the hotel has 99 rooms, including 6 adapted for disabled guests. It has a bar serving snacks 24/24 and Wifi Internet access for guests on a business trip. Public parking is 10 min on foot from the hotel, with reductions for clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile Scotland