We arrived at the Parliment House Hotel early but the lady on the front desk, who was the nicest member of staff we encountered whilst there said that there might be a chance of early check in, come back in half an hour. Half an hour we came back and were given a room that was TINY. You could barely move around the bed, there were 5 hangers in the smallest wardrobe you have ever seen and one drawer. We complained to reception and they moved us to a bigger room. This was better! There was a bigger wardrobe, more room and one more drawer! Lack of storage is a major problem with this hotel. The room had a wonderful view and was always cleaned emacuably and the bathroom was lovely. The cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful but the reception staff were rude and not welcoming, never saying good morning or good evening. The restaurant attached to the hotel served excellent food but we were a little taken aback when they said they were full and couldn't fit us in with half the dining room empty. They managed to find us a table!
All in all, the hotel was in a perfect location for the fringe, very quiet and tucked away from the hustle and bustle but paying over £200 a night, which didn't include breakfast, it is nothing to write home about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgian town house in city center; guest rooms have been tastefully furnished in keeping with the character of the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Parliament House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parliament Hotel Edinburgh
- Parliament House Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland