We travelled to Edinburgh for the Christmas Markets and a friend recommended this hotel. the location is fantastic tucked away but then very close to the main street and the Calton Hill Park is right next to it and that is a lovely walk up the hill with all the monuments. its a short walk round the corner and then you are right in middle of Edinburgh.
Its lovely and quaint on enterning nice reception/lounge area. When booking though if you have mobility issues check where your room is as we had to go up in the lift and then down a winding staircase to the room... I found this a bit disappointing. The room was quite modern which was nice but small. The light fittings are strange as you have to lean behind to switch them off at the wall... !
Breakfast was very good but took a while and this was because they only have one chef... not sure why when the restaurant was full in the mornings...
The staff are very friendly and helpful couldn't do enough for you if asked
On the whole a lovely stay and we would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Parliament Hotel Edinburgh
- Parliament House Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgian town house in city center; guest rooms have been tastefully furnished in keeping with the character of the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your Parliament House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.