Went to Edinburgh for a couple of days over Easter Weekend. Now living over 300 miles away this meant driving and trying to park a Land Rover that in size is comparable to the hotel itself. In addition to the never-ending tramworks in the city centre (they're almost historic now!) this ruled out a lot of hotels as they didn't have parking.
Chose the Best Western primarily as it has free parking (although be warned, there are limited spaces, and maneuvering a large vehicle will test your hand-eye coordination somewhat), yet was still close enough to walk into town. 15 minute walk which was pleasant as even though it was snosticle-formingly cold, it was dry and occasionally sunny.
The hotel is also located in Bruntsfield which itself is full of different restaurants and cafes, so you don't have to go far for a quick bite to eat. Didn't try the breakfast at the hotel for this very reason (not even sure whether it was included?).
The hotel itself is simple but excellent - extremely friendly and helpful staff to kick the stay off with a warm welcome, the room and bathroom were both generous in size, and the whole place was genuinely spotless. Comfortable beds and linens, and good heating - all made for a great night's sleep!
One word of warning - not even a Cambridge degree in Geography stopped me from getting a bit lost when taking the stairs up to the 2nd floor. Taking the lift is slower, but easier. Or perhaps just bring a ball of string? Fresh fruit and shortbread kindly provided near reception, along with a selection of books - both nice touches, and can keep you occupied during your quest to find your room.
If we go back to Edinburgh again, wouldn't hesitate for a second to stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional Edinburgh townhouse style hotel with contemporary touches overlooking a park near the city centre and all attractions. High quality and tastefully designed individual bedrooms. Relax in the comfortable lounge and enjoy casual gourmet food in Bisque Brasserie. Free parking and Free internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bruntsfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Best Western Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield Edinburgh, Scotland