“At last, a hotel that is truly about hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   69 - 74 Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh EH10 4HH, Scotland (West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #18 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
Wallington, United Kingdom
“At last, a hotel that is truly about hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

30 plus years of travelling to Scotland and at last I have found this place. So called budget hotels (always dearer) could tear a few pages out of their book. Last visit I had an upgradede room and it was still cheaper than the local Premediated Inn. I could not believe the room(s) it was almost a suite. An outstanding full sized bathroom, tastefully decorated to a high standard with all the bits. Walk along to the living area, three small armchairs, dresser, coffee table and wall mounted flat screen TV. The sleeping area was as comfortable as it was impressive, massive bed (three pillows wide) wardrobe and yet another flat screen TV. Just so right. The staff are just great with that hard to find balance, outgoing, friendly yet professional to the core. Bisque restaurant is a great place to meet friends, enjoy good food and soak up the atmosphere. I had breakfast before driving 450 miles home on the day the snows hit big time, even so I did not need to eat until I got home. Disapointment? Only one, I was there on my own, this place is like a big tin of sweets, made for sharing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Russell_Imrie, Managing Director at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Streetrodder1

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. We're all delighted that, after all your years of visiting Scotland, you eventually found the Bruntsfield Hotel and that you enjoyed our comfort and hospitality. I'm sharing your reveiw with all the team and I know that everyone will appreciate the time you've taken to give us such positive feedback about your stay. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely

Russell Imrie
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed last weekend, 26th 27th. We had a great time from check in to the the restaurant service. The hotel has a lot of character, made more so by the staff. Rooms were clean and modern, we did have an issue with the Wifi on the Saturday night but was sorted in soon after.
Dinner in there Bisque restaurant was nice and quiet, but we prefered the bar area, as there was more atmosphere than in the eating area. Breakfast was a different matter, on the saturday we managed to seat next to the windows over looking the patio area. However on the Sunday this
Was not the case, as the entire area was jammed packed with guests, the manager took us into.the bar area, which was even better as they were showing the andy murray match. We did have to wait awhile for our cooked breakfast, but we were informed of this by the waitress, who gave us an extra large pot of coffee and toast.
We will be coming again, except this time we know that on Sunday we will order roomservice breakfast to avoid the mad rush.

Room Tip: Sunday breakfast be early to get the best tables. As everybody sleeps in on Sunday, or order roomser...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We booked this hotel largely due to the fact it has an onsite, free car park - a rare thing in a city location! We were a little dubious about the walk into the city centre, but we needn't have been. I'd say it was a brisk 10 minute walk through relatively lively streets lined with shops and restaurants, so you barely notice the distance at all (in summer I imagine the gardens opposite would provide an even pleasanter walk).

The hotel itself was very good, it was traditional in style - so maybe not one for fans of trendy, boutique hotels, but our room was a good size, lovely & warm with a superking bed and clean bathroom with a large, walk in shower.

We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on food, but we did have a drink in the bar one night which was nice, modern and - shockingly - reasonably priced!

Service was fine - we didnt come into contact with many staff other than check-in - and the car parking was great. We managed to get a spot when we arrived and left the car there throughout our stay - no need to drive anywhere.

If you're less mobile, the hotel is on a bus route to Princes Street, so (if you're happy to jump on a bus) don't let the location put you off.

We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First time staying here and it was very good. The service was excellent, rooms were spacious and comfortable. They also have this cool app which you can use to order room service. I only noticed on the morning I left or I would have used it, maybe next time. If I am back in Edinburgh soon I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed from the 28th December to the 2nd of January and I must say we had a great time. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The room we had was good and as for the bed I wish I could take it home, the best sleep I have had in ages.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Have stayed here before on previous business trips. Friendly staff and only a short walk to the centre and all its attractions. Car park gets full quickly but have been fortunate each time I've stayed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
INVERGORDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have been using the Bruntsfield on and off for at least 15 years. We visit Edinburgh on avergage twice a month for a couple of nights and over the years have sampled many of the hotels in the city, some very good, some not so good but we always get drawn back to the Bruntsfield as our favourite.
It is a million miles away from the souless chain hotels and is a hotel of real character in a beautiful building in an excellent location. The rooms are excellent whichever grade you book and the breakfasts are high quality with a fine choice whether Continental or the full Scottish cooked version. The staff are without exception always efficient,friendly and polite, there are a few who have been there for a considerable time and that continuity adds something to the experience.
I have seldom used the restaurant as we tend to eat out but it is normally quite busy at weekends which is a good sign. On a couple of occasions have had light snacks in the bar and they were very good. The bar area itself is nice and bright despite being in the basement of the building and is decked out in contemporary decor. It is well stocked with a good selection of beers (very important) and wines/spirits and a cocktail menu so something to suit everybody. Bar staff tend to be on the young side but always an experienced memeber of staff around to keep the wheels oiled and moving smoothly.
All in all this is an excellent hotel and very difficult to find fault with. I will stay elsewhere from time to time but I will stay here much more often than anywhere else in the city. General excellence on all fronts and good value.

Room Tip: Whatever grade you choose will be good quality, front facing do have some early morning traffic nosi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Russell_Imrie, Managing Director at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear mackenzie478

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm delighted that you chose to stay with us again and that you were comfortable and well looked after by our team members. I will certainly make sure that your kind comments are passed on to everyone who looked after you so well. Thank you and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Bruntsfield Hotel.

Yours sincerely

Russell Imrie

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield? Share your experiences!