We have been using the Bruntsfield on and off for at least 15 years. We visit Edinburgh on avergage twice a month for a couple of nights and over the years have sampled many of the hotels in the city, some very good, some not so good but we always get drawn back to the Bruntsfield as our favourite.
It is a million miles away from the souless chain hotels and is a hotel of real character in a beautiful building in an excellent location. The rooms are excellent whichever grade you book and the breakfasts are high quality with a fine choice whether Continental or the full Scottish cooked version. The staff are without exception always efficient,friendly and polite, there are a few who have been there for a considerable time and that continuity adds something to the experience.
I have seldom used the restaurant as we tend to eat out but it is normally quite busy at weekends which is a good sign. On a couple of occasions have had light snacks in the bar and they were very good. The bar area itself is nice and bright despite being in the basement of the building and is decked out in contemporary decor. It is well stocked with a good selection of beers (very important) and wines/spirits and a cocktail menu so something to suit everybody. Bar staff tend to be on the young side but always an experienced memeber of staff around to keep the wheels oiled and moving smoothly.
All in all this is an excellent hotel and very difficult to find fault with. I will stay elsewhere from time to time but I will stay here much more often than anywhere else in the city. General excellence on all fronts and good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional Edinburgh townhouse style hotel with contemporary touches overlooking a park near the city centre and all attractions. High quality and tastefully designed individual bedrooms. Relax in the comfortable lounge and enjoy casual gourmet food in Bisque Brasserie. Free parking and Free internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bruntsfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Best Western Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield Edinburgh, Scotland