We have just come back from a great 3 night stay at this hotel. From the moment we arrived the staff were so friendly (especially the concierge) and helpful and also great with the kids. We had a fabulous family suite on the 2nd floor, loads of space and the kids were delighted they had their own beds! We ate in the restaurant on the first night and we couldn't fault the staff or the food at all. The menu isn't anything too fancy and we were all happy with what we chose. They only thing I would say is the wine and alcohol is really over priced, but think thats what all hotels are like! This hotel is in a great location, lots to see and do and not too far to walk to see the sights of Edinburgh. Can't wait to book again for our return stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland