I stayed here last week for 4 nights while attending a training course. It was booked for me through work, although it was actually my preferred choice of hotel from the ones I was offered. On arrival, about 9.30pm, I found having to find a legal parking space slightly stressful, and once allocated my room, was initailly disappointed. It was a very small double (room 29) and my initial reaction was that it looked shabby and dark. The ensuite bathroom also looked very tired and in desperate need of refurbushment. As I said, this was my initial reaction. After settling in and having a look round, I found the hotel itself very charming with a lovely, cosy bar and restaurant at basement level (breakfast also served down here but in the conservatory) and a couple of very nice lounges, with comfy sofa's and one with a fireplace at ground level. My bed was extremely comfortable and staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. I have a feather allergy and once I mentioned this to reception (having discovered my duvet was duck down) my whole room was changed within 15 minutes with fresh bedding and non allergenic quilt and pillows. Although quite old fashioned and in my opinion, in need of refurbishment, the room was spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed, luxury bed linen and perfectly adequate for my needs. The bathroom was also prefectly adequate with an excellent shower. Despite my initial appraisal and dissapointment, I had a lovely stay and would definitely return if visiting Edinburgh again. Food in the bar was of a good quality and reasonably priced. Bar was busy with guests and locals. Breakfast was good. Did not dine in the restaurant. All in all, a great stay in a charming small hotel with first class service and all at a very reasonable cost.
- Also Known As:
- Channings Hotel Edinburgh
- Channings Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Channings in Edinburgh is an informal, relaxed hotel with a very friendly approach. It occupies five Edwardian townhouses in Stockbridge, one of Edinburgh's most popular 'urban villages'. To suit its location slightly away from the city centre, Channings is a wonderfully quirky property which feels a bit like a Scottish country home, full of charming Victorian paintings, prints, books, furniture and memorabilia that owner Peter Taylor has collected over the years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Otel and Venere so you can book your Channings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.