“Fabulous Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal British Hotel

You added Royal British Hotel to your Saves list
Royal British Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Princes St, Edinburgh EH2 2AN, Scotland (Princes Street and Gardens)   |
Ranked #128 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel many times this past ten yrs or so but always with my partner,this trip I was on my own visiting friends.
I has a newly modernised double executive corner room at front of hotel,views just amazing.from check in to check out all staff were so lovely,friendly & helpful .
Last wks stay was my best ever,can't wait to go back

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Petach Tikva, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is on the one of the main streets of Edinburgh and next to the Edinburgh Train station. I found it very helpful because I only travelled for one day and there was the main station for all public transportation you need to anywhere you like. The room itself was perfect. I ordered the "small" double room and expected to a small room. I'm not sure how big is the regular room - but this was big enough. The hotel itself is making changes from floor 3 and up, but I didn't got any noise during night and didn't been there at the day. The hotel also have a restaurant which was very popular, but I didn't tried it. The staff was very helpful and the only problem was that it was confusing since when you get in there is no more signs for the hotel. Only at the enter for the building .

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Falkirk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Yes the hotel is in the middle of a refurbishment but you are told before you book. The refurb in no way disrupted our stay. My husband booked a double executive room. It was spotless with all mod cons and every facility you could ask for. Nicola was wonderful helping us celebrate our anniversary and we ate in the restaurant, dinner was superb. All hotel staff were lovely and helpful and I woke up to views of the castle every morning. What more can a girl ask for ??

Room Tip: Request the newly refurbished rooms with a view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We just finished our trip on April 18/15 . I booked with booking this hotel a month ago . When we arrived our booking was cancel with out notice . You can imagine our frustration since they don't know who's fault was it . They gave us a ridiculous excused . At the end the assist manager of hotel offer to looked for another location and he found one motel one . Just next to that hotel . Just been open a year ago and was amazing . Same location on princess street .

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

booked this through late rooms.com so the price was competitive and the position is ideal but as its undergoing refurbishment around us I'm not sure they should be taken guests in. There will be no power tonight between midnight and 4am, which should not affect guests but no provision had been made to supply guests with torches or any means to find their ways to the bathroom. This has now been sorted out. Have been given different information over the last 3 days about how the refurbishment will affect guests, but it all seems so chaotic that it seems inappropriate to be letting rooms at any price.The position is great and I'm sure it will be brilliant after the refurb but you really just need to be dropping into bed a night and expecting no more from the hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just stayed here for the bank holiday weekend,what a location!Couldnt get more central.Directly opposite Tourist Information Centre/Waverley Bridge.The hotel was under construction so the reception is very modern, while the hallway on 1st floor to the bedroom is very dated looking.Although the interior of our bedroom was dated and our bathroom door wouldnt lock,Id still stay here again in a heartbeat.Free shortbread,coffee,tea,Galaxy hot chocolate and loads of shampoo,conditioner and shower gel,they certainly arent stingy with the extras.Neither me nor my friend could get the free WIFI working anywhere in the hotel.
Lovely receptionist.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Royal British hotel in Edibrugh last weekend and had a wonderful time! Its the second time I have stayed there and will certainly be returning as well as recomending it to others! Iv stayed with a group of friends as well with my boyfriend and both weeknds in this hotel were great! Location is perfect as it is located on Princes street the main shopping area and is in only short walking distance from Edinburgh castle as well as other attractions! We walked to and from our hotel for nightlife also! Even though there were renovations taking place this did not affect our comfort or enjoyment of the hotel in any way! All staff members we met and called in reception from our room were very kind, helpful, and friendly! The rooms are nicely decorated, very comfortable and immaculately clean and the showers are fab! Small details like having new shortbread and water in the room each day made our stay even better and being allowed to check in early was fantastic as we had an early morning flight! Highly recomend this hotel and will certainly be returning!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal British Hotel? Share your experiences!