Stayed for one night at the Ballantrae Albany as the weather for driving home was too bad. Glad we did, all in it cost only £70 for a double room including an excellent continental breakfast. The hotel is central but quiet, welcoming and cosy. I hate hotels that are standard boring and have no character...couldn't say that about this one. Our room was vaguely gothic with black and burgundy furnishing with two gorgeous big black and white chairs.The bathroom was spotless with a good shower. There was tea and coffee making facilites and a flat screen tv. The room was not too warm which I considered a bonus as I hate overheated stuffy rooms. Breakfast was in a lovely room,you could have a full cooked breakfast...I think there may be a small charge for this. We had the one included in the price which was great...fresh fruit,croissants,selection of cold meat,cheese,cereal and lovely pastries.Would definately go back....particularly in winter for the sheer cosyness of it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland