And now for the bad things:
Maybe I was just very unlucky that I stayed in of the 2 lower bedrooms, but it was COLD and I couldn't heat up the room. It was late April and I think the room was colder than it was outside. Had to sleep with socks and a long sleeved shirt! In the +50 cities in +25 countries I have visited, I have never experienced such a cold room. The Bathroom had a nice size, except in hight. I am 186 cm, and I couldn't stand under the showerhead.
The staff was really friendly and helpful. Not only to me, but I also noticed that they provided good service to others. They deserve a top grade. However, I think that my experience with the cold room and lousy bath, I can't defend to give it higher than 3 stars. The general condition of the hotel isn't high, but on the other hand it's rather cheap so you can't expect too much.
All in all I'm sure that the're better places, and the next time I come to Edinburgh, I'll choose another hotel, and I won't recommend it to friends or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland