“The Best B&B on my 23 day vacation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Broughton Place

Broughton Place
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Broughton Place
You added Broughton Place to your Saves list
34 Broughton Place, Edinburgh EH1 3RT, Scotland (Broughton & Calton)   |
Ranked #207 of 440 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“The Best B&B on my 23 day vacation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The location of this charming B&B at 34 Broughton Place is excellent, walking distance to just about anywhere I wanted to go. The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. Our lovely hostess, Wendy was truly a pleasure and always so helpful and informative. The fantastic breakfast that Wendy serves in her lovely dining area, was definetely the Best breakfast I ever had at a B&B. Wendy's homemade Granola cereal is by far the best cereal I have ever eaten. She also serves delicious mixed fresh berries to compliment her granola cereal, along with eggs, mushrooms,fried tomato halves, potato, bacon, sausage and fresh wonderful delicious bakery breads. I stayed in this lovely B&B for five nights, and I know at some point in the future I will plan to revisit Edinburgh and Wendy's little slice of heaven. I truly rate this B&B as a excellent choice for someone to enjoy as much as I did. Pam

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
southmolton, Owner at Broughton Place, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Hi there
Wow! Thanks for those wonderful words - you have made my day. Especially as I have just said goodbye to a very tricky customer who had all you had and more and it still wasn't enough.
You have restored my faith.

It was really lovely to have you both to stay and I hope the extra granola was useful at 5am!
Come back any time. I'd love to have you.
Best wishes
Wendy xx

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Shetland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Location in Edinburgh is excellent. Lots of local cafes and restaurants in adjacent Broughton Street. Our delicious breakfasts - including the now famed for us, Aberdeen butteries - sorted us for all our long morning explorations of Edinburgh. Everything we wanted to see or needed to do was within easy walking distance. The beautifully refurbished National Portrait Gallery is just up the road, and the attractions of Edinburgh New Town architecture are all around.
Although our room was down stairs it was well lit, looking out on a leafy designer garden. We loved the style and comfiness of the furnishings and Wendy's literary career was aptly reflected in a great selection of books. Staying with Wendy was like staying with a friend. She is well informed, tasteful, interested, discreet; a professional as a B&B hostess.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed the stay greatly. There's something about this B&B that makes it really charming - perhaps it's the cobbled street called Broughton Place, the quiet neighbourhood, the room window view of the greeneries; perhaps it's the presentation of the breakfast; perhaps it's the delicious homemade granola, smooth-tasting yogurt, silky scrambled eggs, aromatic tea, tender portobello mushroom; perhaps it's the down comforter, the elegant dressing table, the hot tea/coffee in the room; and perhaps it's the literature books on the shelf... You can feel the character of the owner (Wendy) in many small details, and you can tell that she really cares to make it an enjoyable stay for the guests.

The next morning after coming home, I found myself craving for the breakfast at Broughton Place. Two days afterwards, I had decided to get the ingredients so I can attempt to replicate the breakfast there. I will go back again, even just for the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
southmolton, Owner at Broughton Place, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Hello Annie
And thanks so much for such a lovely review and your generous comments regarding my little B&B.
It was a pleasure to have such appreciative guests to stay. I hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes
Wendy
Peterhead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed at Broughton Place for a couple of nights whilst visiting Edinburgh for the start of the Fringe. We arrived to be met by Wendy who can only be described as a perfect hostess, totally charming and helpful. Shown to our room which was eclectically appointed, everything was spotless and in great taste, very comfy bed and a nice, private view out of the window. The bathroom was effectively en suite but so much better as it is large and again very well equipped with nothing but really good quality.
Breakfast is a gastronomic delight, Wendy does not skimp or save on anything! Everything has to be enjoyed at a slow and comfortable pace!
Broughton Place is well situated for central Edinburgh and we walked to all the venues we visited though taxis are cheap and easy if required, locallyn there are numerous bistros cafes and resturants to from as well as bars and pubs. A few minutes from Waverley Station and also has on road parking which is free at the weekend.

We had a great stay, it is unbelievably quiet for a place so central! Everything was as described and so, so much more!! Well done Wendy, we can't thank you enough and look forward to staying again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a really nice stay. The room is very cute and spacious and everything you need is supplied. A lovely bathroom is also right next door to the room and this is a private bathroom. Wendy (the owner) is very helpful and makes delicious breakfasts but also gives her guests privacy and space to come and go as they please. The location is brilliant; it's very close to nice cafes, bars and shops and a short walking distance to the city center. The area is also very quiet. We will definately stay here again and would not hesitate to tell others about it.
Cara and Ben

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

My experience at this Bed and Breakfast was absolutely lovely.

The owner, Wendy, is one of the nicest people alive, and accommodated every and all wants and needs I had.

I really was lucky to find this place, as there is no website, and it isn't listed on many review sites. However, now there's a yelp page, so hopefully more people will discover it. The really only way to contact the B&B is by email (which is robertsonwendy@hotmail...).

The room is very private, and very comfortable. I absolutely recommend this place for any getaway with the wife/girlfriend, and really just about any time you travel to Edinburgh.

Wendy cooked my girlfriend and I an amazing breakfast. We started with cereal with milk or yogurt, fresh fruit/berries and tea or freshly pressed coffee. This was followed by eggs, toast, English muffins, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon and sausage. It was a delicious way to start our mornings in Edinburgh, and probably the best breakfast I've ever had.

Every night, we came back to water, milk and sugar for tea. The second night, Wendy helped us find and book a last minute table at a wonderful restaurant downtown. The restaurant was really busy and we wouldn't have gotten a table without her help.

Whenever I come back to Edinburgh, I will be staying here.

Room Tip: There's only one! and it's quite nice.