Free WiFi and parking, excellent. The Leith is an alternate location to the city center. There plenty of excellent restaurants nearby. Ocean terminal is a short (7 minute) walk away.
The decor is funny. The corridors are painted very dark with minimal lighting, making them gloomy dark corridors. There is no view from the room. Only the front facing rooms will have a view. Room was quite big and spacious. Minimal in room amenities, but an iron was good.
The bathroom faucet was difficult to control and splashed a lot. This hotel gives you huge shower gel and conditioner bottles.
The staff was fine, nothing amazing nor bad.
Breakfast was included otherwise it is quite expensive for what was on offer. The service for eggs specially was very slow. The buffet choices were very limited.
To get to city center, take the #22 or #16 buses, a day ticket is 3.50 with unlimited use. The #22 takes you to straight to the Waverly and Princess street. Takes about 20+ minutes in traffic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Malmaison & Hotel du Vin Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland