We stayed at the Malmaison for a 3 night break for my husband's birthday. The location of the hotel is excellent. Lots of good bars and restaurants in the area, handy for the bus to the city centre and very close to the Scotch Malt Whisky Society (my husband's favourite venue).
Our room was quiet, spacious & very comfortable with lovely toiletries that we were encouraged to take with us when we left.
We didn't eat in the hotel, other than breakfast, and this proved to be the one gripe of our stay. The food and service was good on the first two mornings but on our last morning (a Sunday), it was awful. There weren't enought staff to deal with the number of guests and the service was completely disorganised. Cooked food was being delivered to the wrong tables and I could see that many people were frustrated with the problems and delays. Having had two delicious breakfasts, the one on the Sunday was a real disappointment - tasteless and lukewarm.
I know times are tough and many hotels will be looking at staff numbers accordingly but the number of guests having breakfast is pretty predictable and a hotel of this calibre should be able to do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Malmaison & Hotel du Vin Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland