Afternoon tea was lovely, just the right amount of savouries & cakes with, continuously topped-up tea pots served in a fabulous room by very friendly & helpful staff. Afterwards we were taken upstairs to have a cocktail by a roaring fire in another fabulous room and having had a laugh with some of the staff, free cocktails were offered - sadly had to turn down as driving - but it ended the visit on a welcoming note. I always enjoy my visits to this glamorous by friendly Edinburgh hotel in the country!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland