We held our wedding celebrations at the stables at Prestonfield House on the 7 Dec 2012 and it was just fabulous. The venue made the whole event so easy and nothing was too much trouble. If you fancy a great venue for a knees up then this is the place.
The food was amazing, with some of our guests saying the best food they had had, especially at a wedding. They catered for all our guests dietary requirements (there was quite a few), and provided lovely dishes for the children. The staff were so attentive but not over bearing, and the wine glasses were never empty.
The stables provide a perfect setting for a big party and ensure that you have the place to yourself. Located at the bottom of Arthur's seat you don't even realise you are in the middle of Edinburgh. Callanish (brilliant) provided the live band and ceilidh music, and the dance floor lets most of your guests up to dance at the same time. For anyone who knows what an orcadian strip the willow is, we were knackered by the time we finished burling down the incredibly long lines.
A big bonus for us is that the venue was set up for the whole day so we didn't have to change rooms or hang around at all. Our best man opened his speech with 'welcome to the moulin rouge', which should portray the opulent room setting meaning you can choose how extreme you want to go with your decor. We kept it simple but it looked amazing with the Xmas tree.
We would like to thank Sarah McCran for her patience and support in the lead up to the big day and Oliver (stables manager) for ensuring a smooth day. I know there will have been many others supporting in the background as well, thanks to them too.
If you are looking for a wedding venue definitely look here, it's brilliant value for money, the little details are incredible, the staff are just 'perfectly' helpful and finally your guests won't stop talking about it!
I'm sure if you are like us, who can be perhaps a little cynical when reading rave reviews, you are reading this and saying something could have been better, but we truly cannot think of one thing we would have changed, apart from slowing time down, so we could have continued enjoying the day.
Roz & Joe Williams
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland