“Great Hotel, Great Location, Fantastic Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 High St. | The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1TH, Scotland (Old Town)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #51 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Romford, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, Great Location, Fantastic Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This Hotel is on the lower end of the royal mile and in walking distance to the castle, Mary kings close and other attractions. The tour buses stop just down the road. The hotel is very clean and tidy although the 2nd floor carpet has seen better days. The standard rooms are spacious and air conditioned and have a good size bathroom. The breakfast is great with many options and the staff in both the dining room and bar are always happy to help. Katherine served us everyday and was an absolute joy each morning. Friends stayed in the Fraser suites and wished they had booked this hotel. They joined us for breakfast too. Would definitely go back and stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: If you work for a Local Authority or Local Government ask for the government rate.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Graeme G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Keely W,

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay with us.

I am very happy to see you had such a great time and I personally thank Katherine for looking after you so well.

I look forward welcoming you back very soon.

Graeme Gibson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights when I was in Edinburgh for work. The hotel was lovely but the location was better! It's in a great spot to explore the city (I just wish I'd had more time to do this!). Check in was friendly and polite, the room was well appointed and a good size, with a clean modern feel. Bathrooms were very nice and the shower had good pressure. I liked that there was the option to grab a coffee and pastry and go as I was short of time the first morning. The second morning I had breakfast on my from, it arrived early and was hot - my only compliant is that one if my boiled eggs was very undercooked - still raw and inedible but the 2nd one was fine and one was enough for me. Checkout was a little slow and seems a but disorganised with no one really sure if there should be one queue or several as there are a handful of small reception points rather than just one desk. All in all very good and I will/ would stay here if in Edinburgh again whether on business or pleasure!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Champersgirl80,

Thank you for your great review of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh.

I am glad you found your stay to be enjoyable and will consider us again when you are around.

Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The location is perfect: on the middle of the Royal Mile, and minutes on foot from Princes Street or the Castle.

First impressions were poor as there was a long wait at reception and only two desks were occupied. However, the lady who checked us in was professional, welcoming and efficient.

Our room on the fifth floor had charming views over the rooftops of the surrounding buildings. Being in the centre of the city there is a fair bit of outside noise, but this is supressed by the excellent double-glazed windows. We did, however, find the air-conditioning rather noisy. The rooms are adequate but are certainly in need of decoration as they are beginning to look a little shabby. Our room was extremely dusty throughout the duration of our stay.

We made two requests (for an extra pillow and also for some more hot chocolate) and these were both satisfied swiftly and pleasantly.

Parking is available, but be warned that it is not free. We paid 25 pounds for two days which we were not expecting and thought was rather steep.

I provided this feedback direct to the hotel and they responded very positively, which reassures me that they care about customer satisfaction. I also suspect that they know the hotel is getting a little past its ‘sell by date’.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your review, I am glad you are now satisfied having spoken to our Duty Manager.
I hope you will visit Edinburgh or Scotland again.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

i like to be honest and i dont like to give a bad review - the only bad thing was that the room was a twin when i asked for a double (my wife was overjoyed!!) and that the carpets needed a major clean - however staff were superb and the breakfast was magnificent and the location was 10 out of 10 - easy to check in and out and bar staff were great too - go and stay for location etc but accept it needs a bit of tlc

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Billy,

Thank you for your very honest and straightforward review.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Edinburgh and please be assured we have dealt with your comments appropriately.

packmybagsreadytogo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We only had one night in Edinburgh and wanted to be near the attractions on Old Town. This hotel was situated perfectly to the train and the sights. The room was very nice, clean and the staff were wonderful. It did not include breakfast but that was ok. I would definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear packmybagsready,

Thank you for your review of your brief stay here at Radisson Blu Edinburgh.

I am glad you had a nice time with us and that you found our staff to be excellent.
I hope you enjoyed your ongoing travels and you will make your way back to Edinburgh sometime soon.

I cannot not comment on your Tripadvisor profile names being one of the best ones around, I love it!

Leura, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Very Good hotel right in the centre of Edinburgh. Caught train up from London and was able to walk from Edinburgh station to the hotel with ease. We stayed in the turret Suite on the second floor. The room had horrible carpet it was very dirty and pulled up in some area's. Not expected of a Suite. But still the room was very nice with good views of the main street. Great friendly staff and a good breakfast as well as free Wi-Fi. All the things you expect from a Radisson Blu.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear SamWil212,

Thank you for your great review of your time with us.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and although I appreciate this will come too late for you, I can assure you the carpet has now been replaced.

I hope you are keeping great memories of Edinburgh and will maybe visit us again in future.

Scituate, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great location allowed us to tour Edinburgh Castle on the day of our arrival on a 2:30 pm train. Friendly and helpful staff, attentive to all our needs. Updated sparkling clean room and bath. Delicious breakfast a value. Walking distance to train and air port transportation saved cab fares. Central location allowed us to stop at the hotel throughout the day. Great value for the money, a real surprise for a big city. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Requested a quiet room on a high floor and were given one.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear AuntJ,

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay here at Radisson Blu.

I am delighted you had such a great time and found us to be outstanding value.
Our location is indeed one of the best in town, allowing you to walk around at ease and take in all sights within minutes.

I trust you had a safe and enjoyable trip back home and I would love to see you making a return visit to Edinburgh or our hotel.

Graeme Gibson

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh? Share your experiences!