“great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 High St. | The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1TH, Scotland (Cowgate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #42 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great location plenty bars and restaurants around. Breakfast was excellent. Only fault I could say was the carpet in the room looked rather thread bare in parts even though we were upgraded to Business Class rest of room was fine and clean, bed very comfortable . Staff at this hotel were very nice and pleasant bar staff friendly as well. Enjoyed my overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HA_Edinburgh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Sandra

Thanks for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed breakfast and that the team looked after you.

Graeme Gibson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Korean first
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Chose this hotel due to its central location and the fact it has parking (at a price -but reasonable by Edinburgh standards). Not disappointed as the hotel was spotless with spacious room overlooking the royal mile. Lovely large comfortable bed with nice soft pillows. Good soundproofing to window so no noise overnight. The staff were excellent and ever so friendly. Breakfast was very expensive but the choice on offer was certainly very good, enough to keep you going most of the day. Minor niggle is limitations of leisure facility - smallish pool (with swimming lesson going on) and no shared sauna so my wife and I couldn't go together and chat. other minor niggle no biscuit in room to have with the tea/coffee. Staff helpful with parking and said we could leave the car and do a bit exploring after check out. Very handy for the mile/ castle/ Grassmarket/ museum and the theatre (purpose of our visit).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

HA_Edinburgh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Gordilindsay

Thanks for staying with us and submitting your review.
There should have been a biscuit in your room – for this I apologise.

Menifee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The hotel staff was so friendly and accommodating with everything we asked of them. The room was most excellent as well. I travel extensively and was very pleased. I will definitely stay here on my next trip.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

HA_Edinburgh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Cheryl

What more could we ask for – delighted you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Edinburgh

Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We booked into this hotel for a weekend visit. We had a noisy neighbour in our first Rome but the hotel could not have been more helpful in sorting this out and moving our room.
The staff were the most friendly I have experienced in a UK hotel and went out of their way to make you feel special.
The location is ideal for public transport and sight seeing and the hotel car park is a bonus although I would caution against driving in Edinburgh during the trams transition. Far better to let the train take the strain.
The only very minor criticism is that the breakfast buffet hot plates need turned up a bit but that is being very picky

Room Tip: Upgrade to business class for the view over Arthur's Seat.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review – great that the team looked after you. We are working on the temperature at breakfast.

Tingwall, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed in a twin room with my elderly Mother for one night. We were looking forward to a special treat in a luxury hotel (given the star rating and the price). We were disappointed. Our standard twin room was tiny, and the decor was dowdy. The shower was over the bath, which was difficult for my mother to access, and there was no bathmat in the slippery bath. There was no soap and no folder of hotel information in our room. The cooked breakfast buffet was adequate but not that great. On the plus side the staff were very friendly, the beds were comfy, and the location on the Royal Mile is great. The hotel we stayed in on the following night was so much nicer in every way but cost less than half the price of the Radisson Blu. I'm afraid I won't be going back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Margaretgear

I am sorry we did not meet your or your mother’s expectations during your stay with us, if you contact me I would be delighted to discuss your stay with you. I can be contacted at Graeme.gibson@radissonblu.com

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is well situated for central Edinburgh, on the Royal Mile in reach of all main attractions.
The hotel staff were excellent and the room was of the standard you would expect from a hotel chain of this standard. The only comment would be about breakfast, the room was very full and this was only the end of February, I can imagine during festival time it being pretty hectic.
Price was what you would expect to pay for Edinburgh City centre, would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tom

Thanks for the review – we do all we can to ensure that breakfast is served as quickly as possible during peak periods

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel could not have a better location right on the Royal Mile. I think it is basically a business hotel and caters to large groups. I often hold business meetings here because they have a great facility and it's right up the hill from the train station, but this was the first time I have stayed here. The rooms are quite basic and mine could have used a freshen up. All of the furniture was scuffed, the carpet was rippled and lamps leaned. The room in general was pretty dark, which was good for sleeping, but made for a difficult morning - was a bit frightened when I saw how I had painted my face when I entered the elevator, which has good lighting. Since I often stay in this area, I know you can get deals at nicer hotel for roughly the same price, so it is price a bit above the amenities. The staff are excellent and go out of their way to accommodate you.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a recently refurbished room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Thatchersbusicuit
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review of the hotel. I am pleased to see that the team looked after you during your stay and when you meet here at the hotel. Please do contact me to discuss your bedroom. I can be contacted at Graeme.gibson@radissonblu.com
Graeme Gibson

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh? Share your experiences!