“Great location on the mile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 High St. | The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1TH, Scotland (Cowgate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #41 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Great location on the mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Great location. In middle of everything .
So great to pop back with your shopping.
We never ate here,lots of local places around.
Staff helpful,friendly.
Hotel has it all. gym,pool etc.
Our room looked out on rear,but wasnt prob. Still could see sone of the city.
Will try and return to it + city again.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Korean first
Molde, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here with my family in March 2013, we had a family room, this was one of the largest family rooms I have come across in a European hotel, plenty of room for 2 adults and 3 children. They have some boardgames in the room for kids, which was a bonus. The bathrooms are good sized, clean and fresh.

The hotel is in an excellent location, close to the Castle, right on the Royal Mile, with plenty of restaurants close by. It's a short walk to Princess street and the shops. The reception staff were very helpful and came up with a number of suggestions for things to do with kids.

The breakfast is excellent, the choices were good, they had enough options to satisfy 2 picky boys (4 & 7) and a dad who likes a good breakfast. The staff in the breakfast room were very helpful.

We used the pool, it's ok, small but my kids enjoyed themselves so what makes them happy is ok by me.

Next time I'm in Edinburgh I would hesitate to stay here again.

If I have to be negative, the hotel is starting to feel well used, the carpets as other reviewers have pointed out are pretty worn with some interesting stains.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We checked in on Friday afternoon, the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was on the third floor. The room was really nice and very clean. Car parking was perfect. Despite their being numerous events happening the hotel was nice and quiet. We stayed for two nights. As it was my birthday they kindly sent a fruit platter and coupons for some free drinks in the bar to our room. The breakfast were good, plenty of choice and lots of it.
Would stay again next time we are in Edinbrgh

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I was a little wary after reading reviews on here about my stay. I shouldn't have bothered, the hotel was immaculate, my wife and I got a free upgrade to business class as this was our 1st wedding anniversary. The staff were so helpful and polite, from the receptionists, bar staff, waitresses, cleaners etc. my only regret is I couldn't stay longer. I will definetly be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
HA_Edinburgh, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello John, Thank you for the excellent review. I’m glad you enjoyed your free upgrade and all the extra amenities our Business Class rooms include. Congratulations again on your anniversary from all the team here at the hotel. I have already shared your feedback with all departments and they are delighted they were able to play a part in your special occasion. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu next time you are in Edinburgh.
Kind Regards
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

we had such a great stay here, this hotel is fantastic and i would definitely be back in a flash!
the staff are lovely, the rooms are just gorgeous, we got upgraded to a business room and it even had a nespresso machine with 6 pods included, all ready to go and the fridge was great.
the gym is fantastic and the best of all hotels we looked at! the location is very central and you can walk to everything. finishing touches everywhere and we were so delighted to have stayed here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello ksmrt, Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of the hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed the upgraded room and got full use of the Nespresso machine, which come as standard in our Business Class rooms. I will pass on your lovely comments to the team. They all have a genuine passion for looking after our guests and I’m delighted we were able to make your stay a memorable one.
Kind Regards
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for recent weekend visit with my wife. Hotel modern and clean. Staff friendly and efficient at check in. The Royal Mile and all it has to offer right on the doorstep. Pretty good value too. Would happily recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Irish2002, Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am delighted that you had a great stay and enjoyed Edinburgh. Our location on the Royal Mile, halfway between Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood Palace certainly makes it that much easier to explore all Edinburgh has to offer.
Many thanks again from all the team at the Radisson Blu Edinburgh and perhaps one day we can welcome you back.
Best Regards
Yeovil, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have never been to Edinburgh before and chose this hotel largely because of it's central location. We were not disappointed, the hotel is perfectly positioned for getting to either most of the attractions themselves or the buses/trains to get to them. We were on the fourth floor looking out over Niddry Street and I was concerned about the potential noise from the bars (after seeing other comments on here) but, actually, the double glazing was very effective and I slept perfectly in my extremely comfortable bed. In fact, it was good fun watching the revellers out of my window, my word they know how to party in Edinburgh!

The gym was well equipped for a small place and I was alone much of the time I was in there, a good bonus for the fitness minded. The pool looked lovely and inviting although I didn't try it myself. We tried the breakfast one morning (we don't generally bother in city hotels as we prefer to try local cafes), there was loads to choose from and it was all delicious. A particular thumbs up from me for the fresh fruit. If booked the day before, we were only charged £12.50 which I thought was very reasonable for a hotel breakfast (we have paid up to £22 elsewhere and I think it would have been around £17 here if hadn't pre-booked). On other days we ate in various local pubs or cafes, all of which were good value for money and tasty but the hotel was great if you want an all you can eat breakfast!

We didn't have any other meals at the hotel but the food that I saw looked nice. The staff were all friendly and helpful and check-in/check-out was all smooth and trouble free. All together a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I imagine the higher floors are quieter.