“a class act” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 High St. | The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1TH, Scotland (Old Town)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #50 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Australia
“a class act”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

we had such a great stay here, this hotel is fantastic and i would definitely be back in a flash!
the staff are lovely, the rooms are just gorgeous, we got upgraded to a business room and it even had a nespresso machine with 6 pods included, all ready to go and the fridge was great.
the gym is fantastic and the best of all hotels we looked at! the location is very central and you can walk to everything. finishing touches everywhere and we were so delighted to have stayed here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HA_Edinburgh, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello ksmrt, Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of the hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed the upgraded room and got full use of the Nespresso machine, which come as standard in our Business Class rooms. I will pass on your lovely comments to the team. They all have a genuine passion for looking after our guests and I’m delighted we were able to make your stay a memorable one.
Kind Regards
Harold Annand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Korean first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for recent weekend visit with my wife. Hotel modern and clean. Staff friendly and efficient at check in. The Royal Mile and all it has to offer right on the doorstep. Pretty good value too. Would happily recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Irish2002, Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am delighted that you had a great stay and enjoyed Edinburgh. Our location on the Royal Mile, halfway between Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood Palace certainly makes it that much easier to explore all Edinburgh has to offer.
Many thanks again from all the team at the Radisson Blu Edinburgh and perhaps one day we can welcome you back.
Best Regards
Yeovil, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have never been to Edinburgh before and chose this hotel largely because of it's central location. We were not disappointed, the hotel is perfectly positioned for getting to either most of the attractions themselves or the buses/trains to get to them. We were on the fourth floor looking out over Niddry Street and I was concerned about the potential noise from the bars (after seeing other comments on here) but, actually, the double glazing was very effective and I slept perfectly in my extremely comfortable bed. In fact, it was good fun watching the revellers out of my window, my word they know how to party in Edinburgh!

The gym was well equipped for a small place and I was alone much of the time I was in there, a good bonus for the fitness minded. The pool looked lovely and inviting although I didn't try it myself. We tried the breakfast one morning (we don't generally bother in city hotels as we prefer to try local cafes), there was loads to choose from and it was all delicious. A particular thumbs up from me for the fresh fruit. If booked the day before, we were only charged £12.50 which I thought was very reasonable for a hotel breakfast (we have paid up to £22 elsewhere and I think it would have been around £17 here if hadn't pre-booked). On other days we ate in various local pubs or cafes, all of which were good value for money and tasty but the hotel was great if you want an all you can eat breakfast!

We didn't have any other meals at the hotel but the food that I saw looked nice. The staff were all friendly and helpful and check-in/check-out was all smooth and trouble free. All together a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I imagine the higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a great hotel situated in the centre of Old Town. It's within walking distance of a lot of great sites like Holyroodhouse Palace and Abbey, Edinburgh Castle, Calton Hill and St. Giles Cathedral. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and the hotel's breakfast has something for everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Miriam, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words. It is always pleasing to receive great comments about the team. They take great pride in providing the very best service to all our guests so it is always nice to hear such great feedback. I’m glad you found our breakfast enjoyable, with over 120 breakfast items to choose from we try to cater for every taste possible.
Kind Regards
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I fled a more expensive and ridiculously poor hotel for the Radisson Blue in late May. I came into the Radisson Blu lobby and had the great fortune to speak with Dirk Nols (the room manager I think). This happened at 6 am after I had had less than 3 hours of sleep due to the noise and lack of amenities at the hotel we had originally booked. Dirk was professional, solicitous, and made me feel like someone cared. He immediately worked to give us an alternative to continuing to pay 185 pounds a night for a hovel. He also went to the trouble of managing to find us a place to stay during a time when the Radisson was so full we could not stay there. I cannot speak highly enough of him, the Radisson on the Royal Mile, the courtesy and professionalism of other outstanding staff there (including Tina), and the contrast in our prior experience. Given the trouble my husband had taken to arrange our trip, Dirk and the Radisson Blu people saved our vacation. I am profoundly grateful and, as a result of what Dirk and the staff did, we will stay at a Radisson Blu whenever possible. I am also going to write the Radisson executives to let them know what a difference he made to us and how impressed we were.

The location is great, the service outstanding, the price more than reasonable, and the attitude of the Radisson is superb!!! I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Probably avoid the north side (some noisy pubs are located on Niddry Street (sp?). The business roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. Well located and nice staff. Could be updated. Breakfast was included and was outstanding. Decent room size and clean. Business rooms worth the extra. Beds are comfortable. Elevators were the smallest Ive seen. Pool is small and sometimes too cold but there is a sauna to warm up. Would cone back due to location and price.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed her for 1 night. Price was quite high. Room was nice but had a terrible sleep bed was really hard and pillows were like stones! Woke up with a sore back and neck. Wouldn't pay the money to stay again.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh? Share your experiences!