“Quiet and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 High St. | The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1TH, Scotland (Old Town)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #50 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Quiet and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I spent 2 nights over a long weekend in this hotel and it was a pleasant and realxing stay. The hotel room had all the usual amenities and although we had a view from the back of the hotel that was not really a problem as we only spent our evenings and mornings in the room.

The service on arrival was prompt and efficient and we were booked in without bother. Our room was clean and tidy, and quiet despite being on the bustling Royal Mile. It had all the usual amenities and we didn't find anything to complain about A nice bathroom and a massive bed completed an overall pleasant place to rest and scrub up. There was a nice bar which I had a quiet last night drink in away from the hectic local scene; and a spa (which we never made it to but looked lovely).

It was centrally located next to one of the main bridges in Edinburgh and we could walk to the castle in five minutes and across to Rose and Princes Streets within ten. I have rated this very good as it is definitely above average. It was quite pricey (compared to our normal hotel choices) though as it was for a 40th Birthday and although there was nothing to complain about on our stay it just seemed to miss that certain something you might expect for the higher price. That said though it is architeturally stunning from the outside and pleasant enough on the inside.

I would certainly recommend this to 95% of tripadvisor readers as a vey nice, comfortable and central hotel. The 5% looking for something special or different for a short romatic break away may do better to forego the convenience and look for something a little more niche, bijou, and unique - with a bit less forceful corporate identity.

Room Tip: If like us you are after a quiet room, those at the back end of the hotel on a higher floor would be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Korean first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed over at this hotel for a couple of nights. The room was adequate, fairly large double room for a UK hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly as well. I had a room service breakfast on one of the mornings and the food was as expected. Absolutely no complaints and I would certainly stay there again when next in Edinburgh!

Room Tip: I didn't stay in a room on the front of the building which may explain why I got a couple of dec...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cookham Dean, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Located right in the middle of the Royal Mile and easy to get to. First class service from all the staff, exceptionally comfortable beds. Reasonably priced (not cheap but not outrageous!)

restaurant not tried. You may want to look at the many alternative eating establishments nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The location is perfect for exploring the old section of Edinburgh, and the rooms were spotless. They have free wifi, and if you need to print train/plane tickets, etc, there is a courtesy computer, which was very convenient. They have a well-stocked breakfast as well, and there is always a good-sized taxi queue right outside if you need to travel further.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

we stayed here for 3 nights .. will give 10 out of 10 for the location as its on Royal mile ..good and quite hotel large king size bed , you get bus for airport right outside the hotel nice bar, friendly staff and everything just perfect .. one of the best hotel i have stayed ....PERFECT

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Edgewood, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Blu in April 2013. This was the perfect location for walking around the city. The rooms were up to date and beautiful. Nice bathroom with a great shower! The staff were VERY kind and helpful! My room faced the street so it was a little noisy late in the evening but the view was beautiful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The location is on the Royal mile. You can walk to numerous must-see attractions. Restaurants are plentiful and great.
The staff of this hotel were wonderful. I was pretty exhausted from delayed flights and the minute I arrived at the lobby, I felt relaxed and welcomed to the hotel. My room was not ready, nor did I expect it to be since my arrival was at 8:00am. My receptionist immediately took care of everything and arranged my luggage to stored, made sure the people preparing my room knew I had arrived and sent me to the breakfast buffet at the hotel.
She came down personally to let me know my room was ready and told me my bags were on the way up to my room. Within an hour I had my breakfast, took a shower and was settled in for my three night stay. She also provided me with a map with the attractions and our hotel marked clearly on the map. When flying to Europe I usually have early morning arrivals and the Blu
made my arrival very pleasant.
My room was nice and very clean. The lighting was a bit dim for my taste but that is typical for many hotels. The furniture was average but my bed was very comfortable. Towels were a little worn. My room was quite warm and staff showed me how to open the windows. My room was located right across from a busy pub with lots of outdoor noise until the wee hours of the morning.
I would certainly stay here again. The hotel was a good value at a prime location and all staff were helpful and welcoming.

Room Tip: When checking in be sure to ask the staff for a quiet room away from the noisy pub.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh? Share your experiences!