“Cloud-like pillows” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 High St. | The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1TH, Scotland (Cowgate)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
Diss
“Cloud-like pillows”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel stands majestically on the Royal Mile and has all the trappings of what you'd expect from a Radisson Blu. The one thing that stood out by a mile were the pillows. They may's well have been made of cloud they were that soft! They were the most comfortable pillows we've ever experienced.

Nice staff and large rooms. Oh and did I mention their feather & down pillows?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Loved this hotel. I stayed here with my husband in first week of Jan -13. We stayed here for 2 nights and completely enjoyed our stay. the rooms are quipped with all the basic amenities that you would expect from a 5 Star hotel. All the staff were cheerful and friendly. The breakfast was a buffet with loads of variety to choose from. We managed to spend sometime in pool as well.
The best part of the hotel is that it is just in the middle of The Royal Mile.. so the surroundings are always buzzing. You get all kinds of cuisine in close vicinity with loads of options to choose from. Will defnitely go back :)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms which are Royal Mile facing if you like the liveliness of the town.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here with my sister for her 3oth birthday. I contacted the hotel prior to my stay to ask to borrow a few items including a cake stand as I planned to have our other sisters visit and set up an 'afternoon tea' for us to share. these were delivered to my room literally 5 minutes after I checked in- we were both very impressed.

Rachel checked us in and she could not have been nicer. She was professsional throughout and offered all information on the hotel services and worthwhile sites in the city, including showing us a map.

On entering the room I was struck by its clenaliness nad the beautiful view we had of mountains. We checked out the pool and saua and thoroughly enjoyed whiling away our afternoon down there- all very high quality. The team were fine with the fact that I'd aranged for a beautician to attend the room and give us all facials as a birthday treat.

We were determined to order one of the room upgrades- the choclate fountain, but after our tea we were far too full. What a brilliant idea though!

parking was secure and check out efficent. Breakfast was out of this world, so much more than your normal hotel buffet with plenty of 'to order' options, incuding pancakes which I have to say were delciious. Itchycoo is a lovely bar, although we only had one drink here. We barely elft the hotel- we didn't need to. Overall, a first class to stay. Thanks to the team for everything :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Loved this hotel and I hope to stay again.

Located not far from the train station. However please note that if you are not very mobile or have a lot of of luggage, and depending on the route you take you could end up walking up a steep hill. However like I said it is close to the train station so a taxi should be fairly cheap.

I was upgraded to a business suite for free and I was more than happy with the room. It contained the following:

High quality toiletries
A good bed
TV with freeview
Desk
Two leisure chairs.

The room was very spacious, had blackout curtains, and very good double glazing.

Every single member of staff from reception, to cleaners,to waiters were extremely friendly.

Breakfast was a buffet style and and plenty of variety and of good quality.

Unfortunately did not have the chance to use the leisured facilities, bar or get an evening meal.

Very very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: If walking from the train station plan your route carefully to avoid a steep walk.....or get a taxi
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

just stayed here as husband booked a break away for my birthday. was very impressed. the room was large with a huge bed and lovely covers/pillows etc (may be weird but was nice to sink into them, usually am disappointed with the quality at hotels). nice large bathroom with bath, very clean all over. husband had asked for a good view which we definitely got :) The breakfast was lovely, staff in the restaurant being friendly and efficient. location's great with nice restaurants (we loved Prezzo) and shops close by.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

After trying may hotels In the city one nights stay at this hotel has decided where I will stay in future. Good clean hotel with matching service. One of the few hotels in the city with a car park of its own actually next to the hotel. Not cheap parking but very convenient.

Breakfast in the hotel was excellent. Cannot comment on dinner as I ate at one of the many superb restaurants within easy walking distance. Good hotel well located for business or sightseeing in Edinburgh. The only negative would be that certain parts of the hotel get very crowded during the day if there are any business groups holding meetings. I had great problems fighting my way to the lifts during the coffee break for such a group.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife & I travelled to Edinburgh between Christmas and New Year and stayed at the Radisson for 2 nights. The location is brilliant, being very central and on the Royal Mile. However despite this we didn't experience any problem with noise. Our room (a business class) had amazing views of Arthur's seat and was very comfortable. Huge bed with a nice added extra of a pillow menu. Also coffee machine and super bathroom with lovely soap, shampoo etc. Breakfast is superb with so many options (of which my husband managed to try most of!) and didn't feel too busy or under pressure so were able to enjoy a leisurely meal. The staff deserve a special mention as everyone we dealt with were friendly and very professional - they really can't do enough for you to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. Would definitely return and highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh? Share your experiences!