I was booked a room here for a business stay in Edinburgh, so I can't commment on the value for money as I don't know how much the room was. The location is great if you are arriving by train, as it is literally a five minute walk from the station (if you come out of the right exit, which I didn't!). However, this does mean that the front rooms with a view are overlooking the station and even on a Sunday night there was a lot of traffic going in and out of Waverley. I was offered the choice on arrival of a quiet room or a room with a view, so I can't complain about the noise as I could have opted for a quiet room.
The room itself was perfectly ok, with adjustable heating and windows that opened. The bathrrom was only small and the shower curtain smelled a bit but for one night that was bearable. I am not really bothered by the fact that the shower gel bottle was screwed to the wall as mentioned by another reviewer, as my main reason for staying somewhere is not for the amount of toiletries that you can take away with you! The bed was a bit soft and is maybe due for a new mattress, but that might also be personal taste.
The breakfast wasn't brilliant and I would have hoped that the coffee would have been better given that there is a Costa attached ot the hotel. The decaffinated coffee was only instant and there was no decaf tea or hot chocolate as an alternative.
The staff were lovely and very helpful, and all of those that I met couldn't be faulted.
I would consider staying here again, if the price was ok, but I wouldn't have breakfast there as I am sure there are lots of places around and about to get a decent cooked breakfast for a lot less money. And I would pick a quiet room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh is located in the heart of Edinburgh's beautiful Old Town next to the famous Royal Mile and only a 2 min walk from Waverly Train Station. Princes Street and Edinburgh Castle are a pleasant 10-15 minute walk away. Whether you're looking for hotels in Edinburgh for business at the International Conference Centre, or touring Edinburgh Castle and the sights of historic Scotland's capital, our Edinburgh hotel means all your destinations are within easy and always interesting walking distance. The hotel features all day Costa coffee bar, a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which is open from 6:30am to 10am for breakfast and 6pm to 10pm for dinner. If you arriving by car a nearby public car parking is available at Waverley Station car park. Our comfortable bedrooms can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. The rooms are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries and a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, and Free WiFi - guests who book directly with us can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, our best price guarantee and can earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, JurysInn, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Jurys Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Jurys Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Scotland