“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Newton, Massachusetts
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband, 22-year-old son and I stayed here for three nights. We chose this hotel for its location (great proximity to the train station and the Royal Mile) and loved it. Staff were helpful and friendly, and they were wonderful about storing our luggage while we went on a three-day highlands excursion. We shared a family room to keep the price down, and it was plenty spacious for three adults. We loved it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear BRDABRDA,

Thank you for taking the time to express your kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Our team are always delighted to read when our guests have had an excellent stay with us, as they always strive to ensure our guests are made to feel welcome and comfortable while staying with us.

BRDABRDA, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Booked for a long weekend with my wife and 8 yr old son,it was okay but after stays in a few Novotels etc it just felt a bit unloved and drab.The room was large but the only benefit being floorspace.The only storage was one slim wardrobe and one shelf for 3 of us,Which meant we had our stuff folded on floors.One of the keycards failed to work on 1st entry not a big deal but when the kettle didnt work either i reported to reception(neither got sorted, kettle worked on and off)Location is a big plus for rail travellers being 2 minutes walk from the station but it also means early train noise.The view was excellent but the windows filthy.Breakfast fine and reception helpful keeping our bags until our train times.Not far from being a lot better with a few touches and on recently staying at a premier inn they have a lot of competition

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear boothfenn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh. The team here always endeavour to make sure we make our guests feel welcome and comfortable.

In order to ensure we are continuiously improving our service and product we appreciate constructive comments such as yours to help us work with the team and allow us to make improvements where needed.

boothfenn, I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future, where we will be able to change your experience of a "just okay" stay to an excellent stay as our guests have come to expect from us.

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I and our daughter stayed at Jurys for 4 nights in August. We considered it quite expensive, but it was the tourist season and Festival tjme, so that was to be expected. The rooms were ok and the food was quite good, but the real plus for this hotel is the staff.
We had a problem with our room when we checked in. Nobody's fault really, but it could have spoiled our stay. However, thanks to the professionalism and helpfulness of Duty Manager Linda and Room Manager Josephine, things were sorted out and we had a very enjoyable stay. In addition to this, Linda spoke with us each day to check that everything was ok. I hope the people at Jurys appreciate these two excellent ladies.
Well done girls!

T&JM

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the railway side.
Dear Tony and Joan M,

I'm delighted to read that Linda and Josephine were able to make you feel welcome and comfortable and even more so, that Linda continued to ensure you were having an excellent stay with us. We always endeavour to ensure our guests have a relaxing stay with us and if they do experience a hiccup, it is hugely important that we resolve this quickly and satisfactorily as Linda and Josephine did.

Tony and Joan M, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night during the Festival. We thought it was excellent value and ideally suited for all events. The rooms were clean and bright and the staff were all very helpful. We had dinner in the hotel and thought it was really reasonable and delicious.

Dear yellowbertha,

Our team always strives to ensure our guest are made to feel welcome and comfortable, therefore I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Our Accommodation Manager prides herself in the cleanliness of the rooms and Hotel and it is just wonderful to see that this reflects in our guests experience.

yellowbertha, please do contact me should you find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future and I will be happy to assist.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

On Jeffry street, one block off the royal mile this hotel is ideally situated to train station and city vus services. Ask for an upper floor when arriving to decrease effects of weekend evening party noise and you will be fine. No ac but rooms are adequate and service is very good. Try to dine outside the coach tours, as restaurant does get busy. Menu in bar and restaurant is good. Add the breakfast package to your stay for a good start to the day. Interesting wifi access which causes more annoyance than accessibility.

Room Tip: Upper floors at the back opposite to waverley train station offer less view but Rare Ask for upper...
Dear Bonnie T,

Our team always strives to ensure our guest are made to feel welcome and comfortable, therefore I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and you found our location perfect. I shall be looking into our WiFi to find out why you experienced a tempramental service, to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Bonnie T, please do contact me should you find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future and I will be happy to assist.

northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great hotel. Ideally situated to everything. Back door of hotel leads you right up to Edinburgh Castle and all the local shops and pubs. Absolutely brill. Lovely bar and staff are lovely. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear gerry028,

gerry028, please do contact me should you find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future and I will be happy to assist.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our room was nice - large and clean, and overlooking the back of the hotel, so no car noises. All the staff were very helpful, friendly and pleasant. The hotel does however have an outside corridor connecting it's two buildings, and this was frequented by smokers, who thought nothing of having loud conversations at all hours of the night. I think Jurys need to do something about this.

Breakfast on the first day was a nightmare - I went in at 8am, and the room was in total chaos - it is all self-service, including the coffee - and there were long queues snaking around the room. There were no empty tables, even the bar next door to the dining room which had been opened as overflow was full. I had to come back half an hour later. When I complained, I was told they had two large groups staying who had been given time slots, but one of them decided they didn't like theirs so just turned up earlier. There were no staff on hand to manage this.

The only reason I was staying at Jurys was because I had to fit in a business trip during the Edinburgh Festival - madness, I know. I had come up a few days earlier and stayed at Smart @ IQ - university accommodation, very reasonably priced at £99 per night, good value. As my colleagues were all staying in Jurys I moved there for the final 3 nights, and was shocked to find the price was £250 for Thursday night and £350 for Friday and Saturday. But that seems to be the going rate for hotels in Edinburgh during the festival. Outrageous, but people pay it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Primroselil,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Firstly, I was delighted to read that you found our Hotel clean and comfortable as our Accommodation Manager prides herself on the cleanliness of the Hotel. Our team are always ready to help our guests and go the extra mile.

I was however disappointed to read that our breakfast did not deliver a similar level of service, as we usually receive such good feedback. I shall be meeting with the breakfast team to discuss how we can ensure this does not happen again in the future. As you stated our rates reflect those of other Hotels at the same standard as ourselves of which are based on events in the city.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Been to Jurys Inn Edinburgh? Share your experiences!