“Well done girls!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 147 hotels in Edinburgh
Ireland
“Well done girls!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I and our daughter stayed at Jurys for 4 nights in August. We considered it quite expensive, but it was the tourist season and Festival tjme, so that was to be expected. The rooms were ok and the food was quite good, but the real plus for this hotel is the staff.
We had a problem with our room when we checked in. Nobody's fault really, but it could have spoiled our stay. However, thanks to the professionalism and helpfulness of Duty Manager Linda and Room Manager Josephine, things were sorted out and we had a very enjoyable stay. In addition to this, Linda spoke with us each day to check that everything was ok. I hope the people at Jurys appreciate these two excellent ladies.
Well done girls!

T&JM

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the railway side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Tony and Joan M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I'm delighted to read that Linda and Josephine were able to make you feel welcome and comfortable and even more so, that Linda continued to ensure you were having an excellent stay with us. We always endeavour to ensure our guests have a relaxing stay with us and if they do experience a hiccup, it is hugely important that we resolve this quickly and satisfactorily as Linda and Josephine did.

Tony and Joan M, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

1,248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night during the Festival. We thought it was excellent value and ideally suited for all events. The rooms were clean and bright and the staff were all very helpful. We had dinner in the hotel and thought it was really reasonable and delicious.

Dear yellowbertha,

Our team always strives to ensure our guest are made to feel welcome and comfortable, therefore I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Our Accommodation Manager prides herself in the cleanliness of the rooms and Hotel and it is just wonderful to see that this reflects in our guests experience.

yellowbertha, please do contact me should you find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future and I will be happy to assist.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

On Jeffry street, one block off the royal mile this hotel is ideally situated to train station and city vus services. Ask for an upper floor when arriving to decrease effects of weekend evening party noise and you will be fine. No ac but rooms are adequate and service is very good. Try to dine outside the coach tours, as restaurant does get busy. Menu in bar and restaurant is good. Add the breakfast package to your stay for a good start to the day. Interesting wifi access which causes more annoyance than accessibility.

Room Tip: Upper floors at the back opposite to waverley train station offer less view but Rare Ask for upper...
Dear Bonnie T,

Our team always strives to ensure our guest are made to feel welcome and comfortable, therefore I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and you found our location perfect. I shall be looking into our WiFi to find out why you experienced a tempramental service, to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Bonnie T, please do contact me should you find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future and I will be happy to assist.

northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great hotel. Ideally situated to everything. Back door of hotel leads you right up to Edinburgh Castle and all the local shops and pubs. Absolutely brill. Lovely bar and staff are lovely. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear gerry028,

gerry028, please do contact me should you find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future and I will be happy to assist.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our room was nice - large and clean, and overlooking the back of the hotel, so no car noises. All the staff were very helpful, friendly and pleasant. The hotel does however have an outside corridor connecting it's two buildings, and this was frequented by smokers, who thought nothing of having loud conversations at all hours of the night. I think Jurys need to do something about this.

Breakfast on the first day was a nightmare - I went in at 8am, and the room was in total chaos - it is all self-service, including the coffee - and there were long queues snaking around the room. There were no empty tables, even the bar next door to the dining room which had been opened as overflow was full. I had to come back half an hour later. When I complained, I was told they had two large groups staying who had been given time slots, but one of them decided they didn't like theirs so just turned up earlier. There were no staff on hand to manage this.

The only reason I was staying at Jurys was because I had to fit in a business trip during the Edinburgh Festival - madness, I know. I had come up a few days earlier and stayed at Smart @ IQ - university accommodation, very reasonably priced at £99 per night, good value. As my colleagues were all staying in Jurys I moved there for the final 3 nights, and was shocked to find the price was £250 for Thursday night and £350 for Friday and Saturday. But that seems to be the going rate for hotels in Edinburgh during the festival. Outrageous, but people pay it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Primroselil,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Firstly, I was delighted to read that you found our Hotel clean and comfortable as our Accommodation Manager prides herself on the cleanliness of the Hotel. Our team are always ready to help our guests and go the extra mile.

I was however disappointed to read that our breakfast did not deliver a similar level of service, as we usually receive such good feedback. I shall be meeting with the breakfast team to discuss how we can ensure this does not happen again in the future. As you stated our rates reflect those of other Hotels at the same standard as ourselves of which are based on events in the city.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel room is so expensive yet the facilities are so terrible. There weren't any air conditioning in the whole hotel, it was so hot. The bathroom was so small and so uncomfortable, it was so difficult to take a good bath in the super small bath tub. The worst of all, it was so stinky and dirty. However, the hotel was at a good location except the noise coming from the train station. The service was good. Not recommended for this kind of price, very pricey.

Dear Leong K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback from your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome and to feel comfortable whilst staying with us, therefore I was disappointed to read that this was not your experience with us.

We are always looking to improve our product and so I would greatly appreciate it if you could possible email me directly to inform me of your room details in order for me to investigate this and to ensure such matters do not happen again in the future. We always endeavour to be competitive with our rates and ensure these reflect Hotels of a similar standard to ours, of which are based on events in the city such as the Fringe Festival which was in full swing when you stayed with us.

I was pleased to read that our team delivered such good service. We always pride ourselves on our team and the extra mile they go for our guests.

Leong K, please do contact me regarding your room and I shall be more than happy to assist you on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Sittingbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The family room was clean and suitable. We had a choice to be railway side or not. If you want a quite room ask to be the no view side. We love trains so it was fine and as it was for a stopover not an issue. Parked at Waverley station which the hotel validate when you leave to give you a discount. It is £13 per day. the hotel has a very small car park of its own so if mobility is an issue request this on booking £20.00 per day but worth it otherwise you have a walk uphill from the station. Excellent location for the Royal Mile, Castle and Princes street. Prices were not cheap as it was festival time but good value for what was needed.

Dear Rkemsley,

I would like thank you for such kind words regarding your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

The team are always delighted to hear our guests enjoying their time in the Hotel and Edinburgh as a city. We are perfectly located if you are a train fan and if you time it perfectly you might even spot The Royal Scotsman train.

I hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Been to Jurys Inn Edinburgh? Share your experiences!