I stayed at this hotel for two nights and wish I had stayed elsewhere.
The hotel was in a good location and was in easy walking distance to attractions in both the old town and new town. It is also very handy for anybody traveling by train as it is just a few minutes walk from Waverley train station. The staff were pleasant enough, most of the time.
However, the carpets in both hallways and room was dirty. When arriving in the bathroom the shower was rusted around the door and there were dark hairs on the bathroom shower and floor that did not belong to the guests who just checked into the room. The toilet rarely flushed, and when did made a terrible loud noise. The hair dryer in the room did not seem safe , smelt of burning when in use and made ones whole arm vibrate in a way that did not seem safe. The rooms are not soundproof. When in the room you could here the entire conversation of the people in the room to one side, and from behind the bed the same including their alarm clocks going off and every use of the bathroom. On the last night at the hotel when turning on the bathroom light a safety switch blew and the room had no power at 1130pm at night. I contacted reception and shortly after heard noise outside the room, opened the door to find a staff member loudly hitting up the roof covering outside looking for the safety switch. They believed they fixed it, and walked away without informing me. They had not fixed it and had to be told this.
Also, no room service, (collect it yourself tray service), rooms very cold and no free wifi.
My advice is stay somewhere else where the hotel is very clean and properly functioning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh is located in the heart of Edinburgh's beautiful Old Town next to the famous Royal Mile and only a 2 min walk from Waverly Train Station. Princes Street and Edinburgh Castle are a pleasant 10-15 minute walk away. Whether you're looking for hotels in Edinburgh for business at the International Conference Centre, or touring Edinburgh Castle and the sights of historic Scotland's capital, our Edinburgh hotel means all your destinations are within easy and always interesting walking distance. The hotel features all day Costa coffee bar, a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which is open from 6:30am to 10am for breakfast and 6pm to 10pm for dinner. If you arriving by car a nearby public car parking is available at Waverley Station car park. Our comfortable bedrooms can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. The rooms are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries and a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, and Free WiFi - guests who book directly with us can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, our best price guarantee and can earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, JurysInn, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Jurys Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Jurys Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Scotland