I stayed at this hotel for two nights and wish I had stayed elsewhere.
The hotel was in a good location and was in easy walking distance to attractions in both the old town and new town. It is also very handy for anybody traveling by train as it is just a few minutes walk from Waverley train station. The staff were pleasant enough, most of the time.
However, the carpets in both hallways and room was dirty. When arriving in the bathroom the shower was rusted around the door and there were dark hairs on the bathroom shower and floor that did not belong to the guests who just checked into the room. The toilet rarely flushed, and when did made a terrible loud noise. The hair dryer in the room did not seem safe , smelt of burning when in use and made ones whole arm vibrate in a way that did not seem safe. The rooms are not soundproof. When in the room you could here the entire conversation of the people in the room to one side, and from behind the bed the same including their alarm clocks going off and every use of the bathroom. On the last night at the hotel when turning on the bathroom light a safety switch blew and the room had no power at 1130pm at night. I contacted reception and shortly after heard noise outside the room, opened the door to find a staff member loudly hitting up the roof covering outside looking for the safety switch. They believed they fixed it, and walked away without informing me. They had not fixed it and had to be told this.
Also, no room service, (collect it yourself tray service), rooms very cold and no free wifi.
My advice is stay somewhere else where the hotel is very clean and properly functioning.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Hotel
- Jurys Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ABOUT THE HOTELJurys Inn Edinburgh hotel, just off the famous Royal Mile on Jeffrey Street, is located in the Old Town and surrounded by beautiful architecture. Whether you’re looking for hotels in Edinburgh for business at the International Conference Centre, or touring Edinburgh Castle and the sights of historic Scotland's capital, our Edinburgh hotel means all your destinations are within easy - and always interesting - walking distance.HOTEL FEATURESOur hotel in Edinburgh has 186 comfortable bedrooms. We have rooms for just one person all the way up to three adults or a family of 3. All rooms contain spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries and a hair dryer. Each room has a flatscreen TV with freeview, and WiFi is available.We also have accessible wheelchair friendly rooms to ensure guests with less mobility can enjoy a comfortable, stress free stay with us.The hotel also features a trendy restaurant with a great selection of food and drink.186 Spacious, Comfortable BedroomsStylish Bar and RestaurantAll Day Costa Coffee Bar5 Meeting RoomsLaundry/Dry CleaningWiFi throughout the hotelPublic car park close by; charges applyMEMBER OF GREEN TOURISM BUSINESS SCHEMEJurys Inn Group are firmly committed to reducing the environmental impact of our hotel operations through pro-active environmental and social policies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, JurysInn, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Jurys Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.