My friend & I stayed at the Bonham Hotel for a few days to sample some of the Edinburgh Festival, as my friend's daughter is working at the 'Underbelly' box office near Grassmarket. We saw a few shows and generally walked miles seeing all the cultural things you have to see whilst in Edinburgh. The Bonham Hotel is a lovely old building, which I believe used to be an old bank building. It is stylish and modern, beautifully finished to a high standard. The room itself was lovely, we had a regular twin room. plasma tv etc, with a lovely bathroom. I asked for a room high up and at the back and thats exactly what I had. The bathroom is supplied with all the lovely Molton Brown toiletries. The staff were extremely helpful and polite and nothing was ever too much trouble for them to help you. The breakfasts were great, range of cooked breakfast including full scottish breakfast with haggis etc, kippers, scottish kedgeree etc, range of hams, cheese, fruits, wonderful chocolate croissants etc, choice of juices etc etc. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the main sights, in a lovely quiet location. I would recommend this hotel and would certainly stay here again if ever in Edinburgh again. We flew up to Edinburgh and got the bus right outside the airport when you come out - its the airport link bus number 100, it costs 5 pounds for an open return ticket. If you get off in the Royal Mile, just after the Somerfield store (which is on your right), and walk along the main road bearing left into the first road, continuing straight on, through two sets of traffic lights, then next road on your left, the Bonham Hotel is tucked into a quiet road. We found it very easily, and got the bus back from the same place. It saves walking all the way down to Waverley Rail Station. The bus takes about 20/25 minutes to get to and from the airport. We booked the rooms through Alpharooms.com and I had to make two bookings to cover the days that we were staying at the hotel. I had a bit of trouble with one of my bookings (the supplier through Alpharooms cancelled one of the bookings without telling me) but the hotel very kindly sorted it out for me. They were really helpful and I would most likely book through the hotel website in future if we go back to this hotel. If I can help with any additional info please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bonham is a boutique hotel in Scotland with a very contemporary spirit. It occupies a series of Victorian buildings in the West End of Edinburgh, whose soaring natural proportions have allowed us to create a truly dynamic set of rooms and public spaces. At The Bonham hotel in Edinburgh, we have used bold colour, rich texture and contemporary art and photography to build an environment that is fun, upbeat, welcoming and with the unmistakable buzz of being part of a great Scottish city.There are 49 boutique rooms and suites at The Bonham, each individually styled so that, among them, you will almost certainly find the one you have been waiting for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Bonham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- The Bonham Edinburgh, Scotland