My husband had an early morning business meeting and work to do before it and the hotel forgot our 6am wake up call so we overslept.....a very bad start to the day.
The hotel is part of an imposing Victorian terrace in a lovely street about an 8 minute walk to the Edinburgh Castle end of Princes Street. (On the way you pass Affogato in Queensferry Street where they have great ice cream made on the premises, it's really good).
Back to the hotel, our room was on the third floor facing the front with a lovely view of the gardens and the top of the Episcopal Cathedral (a wonderful gothic building built in 1879 and worth a visit). The room was comfortable, functional and clean and had a very large bed. Although it faced the front is was quiet. The bathroom was tiny and had no extras such as a shower cap. We also missed a room safe.
Nice breakfast with very friendly, helpful staff in the dining room.
We had a lot of trouble with the Internet connection in the room which, in all fairness, the hotel took very seriously and did its best to remedy.
We would try the hotel again, but the missing wake up call and bad Internet connection was very inconvenient and that is why we haven't given it a higher rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bonham is a boutique hotel in Scotland with a very contemporary spirit. It occupies a series of Victorian buildings in the West End of Edinburgh, whose soaring natural proportions have allowed us to create a truly dynamic set of rooms and public spaces. At The Bonham hotel in Edinburgh, we have used bold colour, rich texture and contemporary art and photography to build an environment that is fun, upbeat, welcoming and with the unmistakable buzz of being part of a great Scottish city.There are 49 boutique rooms and suites at The Bonham, each individually styled so that, among them, you will almost certainly find the one you have been waiting for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Bonham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- The Bonham Edinburgh, Scotland