We visited the Bonham for our 2 month wedding anniversary (yes, we're sad like that!) and the hotel staff did everything to make us feel special; truly excellent service, especially the welcome from the lovely lady at check-in.
We ate in the hotel on the Friday night and really enjoyed the meal - delicious food that was very well presented (especially the happy anniversary message on our desserts - such a lovely touch). The restaurant had a great atmposphere too. Breakfast was good; interesting selection of a la carte dishes as well as a well stocked continental buffet.
The hotel was perhaps a little less boutique-y and more traditional in its style than I had envisaged but still stylish, elegant and relaxing, with the odd quirky touch. We were in room 405 which had a huge window with a stunning view over the gardens and beyond to the sea and very quiet. It was a very spacious room with the bathroom down a little corridor - we liked the sky light in there over the shower! Note that only shampoo and shower gel are provided; bring your own conditioner and body lotion.
We had drinks in the Consulting Room by the log fire which was cosy. The waitress behind the bar seemed quite chaotic in her approach; she'd start making our drinks - would get distracted and do something else- then do a bit more of ours - then disappear again! Great selection of gin and delicious when it arrived. We didn't spend much time in the hotel on the Saturday night as there was a wedding on and didn't want to be in the way. We went to the Balmoral Bar for their cocktail tasting menu which was fab!
In terms of location, we thought it was great. About £7 in a taxi from Waverley Station and a lovely walk through beautiful Georgian streets past some great shopping to the main tourist attractions. I generally prefer to be a bit out of the way and happy to walk so it was perfect for us, perhaps less so if you want to be where all the action is.
If we were to visit Edinburgh again I'd be very happy to stay at the Bonham a second time. We actually went for a nosy around the Scotsman as we'd been close to booking that one, and much prefered the relaxed atmosphere of the Bonham.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bonham is a boutique hotel in Scotland with a very contemporary spirit. It occupies a series of Victorian buildings in the West End of Edinburgh, whose soaring natural proportions have allowed us to create a truly dynamic set of rooms and public spaces. At The Bonham hotel in Edinburgh, we have used bold colour, rich texture and contemporary art and photography to build an environment that is fun, upbeat, welcoming and with the unmistakable buzz of being part of a great Scottish city.There are 49 boutique rooms and suites at The Bonham, each individually styled so that, among them, you will almost certainly find the one you have been waiting for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your The Bonham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- The Bonham Edinburgh, Scotland