“For all ages” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Our Dynamic Earth

Our Dynamic Earth
112 Holyrood Road, Edinburgh EH8 8AS, Scotland (Holyrood / Scottish Parliament)
+44 131 550 7800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 156 Attractions in Edinburgh
Type: Monuments/ Statues, Natural History Museums, Science Museums, Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our Dynamic Earth is a 5 star visitor experience which invites you to take a journey through time to witness story of planet Earth. Through a series of interactive exhibits, state of the art technology and even a 4D encounter you will feel the heat of a bubbling volcano, face the chill of polar ice, fly across the globe before crash landing in a tropical rainforest. As if this wasn't enough, Dynamic Earth is home to Scotland's only 360 degree full dome film theatre. We have a variety of films showing throughout the year.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
“For all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a great tourist visit, especially on a rainy day - good for adults and children alike. Lots of inter active things and interesting for adults too I would recommend this
N

• Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Have kids? Must see it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is greatest place in Edinburgh! My daughters spent there looooong hours and they hadn't enough. It's obvious we'll have to come back. Excellent educational stuff and fantastic movie. I wish I was a child. Highly recommended for all who want to see how science may be interesting even for kids or teens.

Visited April 2013
London, UK
6 attraction reviews
“Great (educational) fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Dynamic earth was a great morning out with the family on half term - our kids (3 & 5) really enjoyed it and were excited by the idea of time travelling. each attraction is fun and has something to attract a variety of ages. Our 5 year old particularly enjoyed it.
Staff were friendly and knowledgable and made the experience even more enjoyable.

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Made me feel like a kid again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Me and my boyfriend took a visit to Dynamic earth on a weekend away to Edinburgh and we had a fab time! I hadn't been since I was little and wasn't sure what to expect but everything was brilliant.

All the staff were very helpful and informative and were very open to questions. The way they interacted with the kids was brilliant and they all seemed to be having a good time.

Lots of different exhibits jam packed with information and fun facts. The man at the rainforest part was great, he had so much to say! The new cinema and 3d ride were fun.

An all round great day out, definitely worth the money.

Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went with my wife and kids on a day out in Edinburgh.
I think I was actually more excited than them, its a great place and has so much goin on!
Perfect for a day out! Had never been to anything like this before, my school trips were to York!(says it all) so sharing this with them was great!