“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa

You added Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Festival Square, Edinburgh EH3 9SR, Scotland (West End)   |
Special Rate
Stay 2 get 3rd night free
Ranked #13 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

It was a short 1 night stay. I arrived quite early in the morning, and Louis from Reception was very warm and welcoming, in fact he has been a great help throughout my stay.

The club castle view suite was ready for me by 1030am and thank you, Louis! I needed to see someone from events about an upcoming event in August and again he pointed me at the right direction and I spoke to Holly from events in the afternoon, she is superb and made some wonderful suggestions and also wrote to me the following day to follow up the next steps.

We finished the day with a very nice meal in the One Square restaurant for our group of 10, with the level of service we had, it was worth every penny we spent! Michal(I hope I spelt it right) is the best!

I travel around the globe and often stay with Starwood, this hotel in my view is one of the best, especially the people here.

Stayed July 2014
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this amazing five star review of your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your time with us here in Edinburgh and thank you for the recommendation, it is greatly appreciated.
I will take great pleasure in sharing your very kind words with the team here, in particular Louis and Holly, and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Tristan Nesbitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Had a castle view room and was impressed with the staff, cleanliness, and location of the hotel. The castle, Grassmarket, Princess/Rose St. all within walking distance, and a fair amount of local pubs/restaraunts in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for this five star review of your recent stay with us here at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for the recommendation, it is really appreciated.
Laguna Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel is ok looking and the staff in the bar restaurant are very nice. My main complaint is the manager,the staff at the front desk and the concierge desk except the main concierge. We were given directions to a restaurant that first night which was no longer there by personel at front desk. We were also almost told to go to the wrong train station, but luckily the main concierge overhead the conversation and corrected the mistake.The first night we got there they upgraded us to a club room which was great. We have been upgraded to a club level numerous times and have never not been given access to the club room. But we found out that we were given a club room but not access to the club facility for breakfast etc. I talked to the manager and he would not budge and was somewhat arrogant about the whole thing. Although he did offer us points ,but wouldn't it have been nicer to given us access since we are such supportive starwood members.
I find that sheraton hotels staff are not given high level training on how to treat guests. I would think twice about going to another sheraton hotel and may even opp out to go to another chain if a higher level hotel is not available. Too bad.

Room Tip: Go if your a platinum level-and get a castle room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for review your stay with us, however I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and disappointed to read your comments. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at rob.vaneyck@sheraton.com to discuss this further.
Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Rob Van Eyck
Front Office Manager
Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great hotel, beautiful modern rooms and bathrooms and great spa facilities. Highly recommended! We only stayed for a few days and the hotel location was great to explore the city and the Spa is a nice adition for a relaxing afternoon after a day walking around the city!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Markham, ON Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great location, clean rooms and very spacious. The shower had good water pressure and the room had free wifi access. We used the fitness centre 5 times during our stay and I was very impressed with the equipment and facility. Would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted at your review and will take great pleasure in sharing this with my colleagues. I am glad that you were able to use our Sheraton Fitness Centre whilst you were here.
Darien, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We had three rooms at the Sheraton Grand - while we are SPG Platinum members, there is no doubt that Sheraton's can by highly variable in quality eg poor or very good. This Sheraton is very good.

The location is very good - very close to the castle and main streets, but not right in the middle of the noisy pub areas. The staff we're very good, they were both friendly and attentive.

The hotel is very clean and spacious, and has a good restaurant for on-site dining. The club lounge was good too, although could do with more hot food options for breakfast eg one day eggs, another would be bacon, but never more than one item.

We are quite fussy about our hotel choices, and we would not hesitate to return to this Sheraton.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted at your review and will take great pleasure in sharing this with my colleagues. I have also passed on your comments regarding the Club Lounge to our Executive Chef for consideration. Thank you once again for your recommendation, it is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We had reserved 4 rooms at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Edinburgh. From the moment we arrived until the day we left, we were treated with the utmost courtesy in every sense of the word. All of our rooms were totally set up for wireless & internet, outlets for recharging the electronics we'd brought were capable of UK, US & European chargers, the concierge lounge staff was superb, the Concierges, the front desk, the housekeeping & the doormen were all wonderful. We'll always remember the hotel stay as being a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted at your review and will take great pleasure in sharing this with the team here, especially the Concierge and Front Office Teams.
Thank you also for the recommendation, it is greatly appreciated.
Tristan Nesbitt

Been to Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!