“Excellent Value, Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa

You added Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Festival Square, Edinburgh EH3 9SR, Scotland (West End)   |
Special Rate
Stay 2 get 3rd night free
Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Excellent Value, Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is truly the nicest Sheraton I have stayed in. It is definitely 4-5 star. The rooms are very modern, well decorated and spacious. Every employee we interacted with was incredibly professional and friendly. The location cannot be beat. It is a few minutes walk from Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile, near to tons of restaurants and pubs and shops. Highly recommend for a great stay in Edinburgh and easy access to the sites, with 5 star service and atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Turkish first
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed in the Sheraton a few times on Business. All in all, a very good hotel and I had no complaints!

I checked in quite late, and was initially unimpressed with the outside of the building which looks quite blan and dated, but once you walk thru the door you will be stunned! The bar area was lovely and modern but I initially struggled to find recieption which is downstairs. It was also nicely decorated and wasn't busy at all.

Recieption staff were friendly and efficient, and very welcoming. When I got to the room I found it to be very modern with all the bits you'd expect at a luxury hotel. The main feature is the bathroom that has both a bath and seperate shower. It also has fancy mood lighting that, although was hard to use, it was a nice ambiant feature.It was nice and quite which was good and the bed was comfortable. The view was terrible however, over part of a dirty roof! I hadn't paid for the castle view so I won't complain too much about this!

I made use of the gym area, which like the rest of the hotel was modern and clean, tho I got a feeling that the staff didn't approve of me being there as I was a hotel guest and not a member. Not something that irritated me massivly but somehow a bit uncomfortable!

Breakfast was excellent with good food and a massive selection! The service was just OK, the waiter brought me coffee instead of tea on two days, and I was chased out of the restarunt on one day being accused of not paying (I had signed for it already). Nothing really terrible but as I say, just OK.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for someone who prefers modern hotels over all other styles. It is in a central location with excellent facilities and good staff. If you want to see a good 360 degree view of their rooms check out the excellent website!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This hotel is truly top notch. The website and photos do not do it justice. We had a room with a castle view which was very special. The food was excellent, the staff were friendly and professional and the amenities were first class. Windows are a bit small and the lighting in the guest room was a bit odd but fun to try to figure out. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a castle view room. Its very worthwhile!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this fantastic five star review of your recent stay. I am delighted that you had such a great time and thank you for the recommendation, it is greatly appreciated.
I hope we can welcome you back in the very near future, as a warm welcome awaits!
Best regards
Wednesbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed here on business with Workplace systems on 15th and 16th May 2014. Fantastic hotel with great service. The rooms are really really good and the best I have stayed in as yet. The music and lighting system is superb.
The food at breakfast time was really good with a great selection. Only downside was having to remind the chef to find some bacon after i stood waiting for 5 minutes before he realised as he said " he was so engrossed in preparing omelettes"
The tall lady (sorry cant remember her name) was really lovely and polite with a stunning smile even at 7am in the morning! Full credit to her.
I cant wait to stay here again but on a personal level as it was so good. I have been to Paris recently, and even though that hotel was 5 * star it was not even slightly close to what the Sheraton provides.
Well done guys. See you again

Room Tip: ask for room 323 facing the castle ;)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you sincerely for this great five star review of your recent stay with us when you attended the conference a few weeks ago. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay, mentioning key features of our rooms that you enjoyed, and of course mentioning the high levels of service from our associates. I have passed the comments regarding the wait at breakfast to our Chef and his team here for review, thank you once again for highlighting this to us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa when you are next in Edinburgh.
Best regards
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Top Notch from the second you arrive... Well looked after by the staff... My friend and I were taking the tour bus and then he was leaving... Doorman let him park for free! The room was great, spacious, great desk and chair, bathroom was awesome, we put RUSH Limelight on the speakers for my computer and had a light show as the bathroom lights change brightness and colours... interesting feature... TV had the time always display below the on/off button, nice touch, great location... Would recommend and would stay there again without hesitation!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Freshwater, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Having to go to Edinburgh on business I selected the Sheraton over the Waldorf and I was glad I did.
The check in was friendly and fast and my room was very nice indeed but faced the loading bay so I would suggest asking for a room at the front that faces the castle.
The beds were very comfy and the standard of the fixtures and fittings was first class.
The two lunches we had in the restaurant were very good and the service was of a good standard.
The breakfast offering was very good and again the service was friendly .
I would have no hesitation in staying there again for business or pleasure.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and I have passed on your kind words to the team here.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Edinburgh.
Warm regards
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The room was modern, comfortable and the bed was huge and comfortable. The bathroom is a good size but dual-purpose doors (one is the bathroom door and then closes the other way to be the toilet door) do not afford any extreme privacy, if that's a concern for you. Has a good shower and bath. The thermal spa was well worth it and a great bonus - it was very relaxing and not crowded. The staff were very helpful. The spa is not suitable for children, although there is a children's hour in the swimming pool. The location is excellent for walking into town and sightseeing but not being right in the busy centre. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Club rooms have spa access included, otherwise it is an extra charge.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!