Spend an extended work trip at the Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa which is typically riddled with inconvenience: small, cluttered rooms, bad food options, slow wireless and a terrible gym. All of these annoyances were noticeably absent through my stay. In fact, I was very impressed. Some highlights:
- The decor, size and layout of the room (felt like a suite / studio), all of the green tech was a nice touch (there are several energy saving, "mood altering lighting options").
- Complimentary breakfast was included in my rate and it was delicious. Great options, good service. Haggis if you're brave as well as eggs made to order and excellent bacon
- The gym is truly impressive (accompanies a spa I've been told is great) and includes state-of-the-art machines as well as a spin studio. I travel often and spend a lot of time in luxury hotels. A gym like this, on the property, is very rare.
I wouldn't necessarily call them complaints but some things to consider:
-If you're visiting in an attempt to really soak up local culture, I'd made stay somewhere with a little more charm / history. The renovations are awesome and the staff friendly, but this hotel could be in any city or country.
-The view from my room was of the roof of a nearby building; I'm sure some of the views are great, but worth asking.
-Weak showers. Nobody is perfect!
I highly recommend this hotel to business travelers and to families used to modern amenities. If you know what you're signing up for, you won't be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Edinburgh
- Sheraton Grand Hotel And Spa
- Sheraton Grand Hotel
- Sheraton Edinburgh
- Sheraton Spa
- Edinburgh Grand Hotel Sheraton
- Edinburgh Sheraton
- Edinburgh Sheraton Spa
- Sheraton Spa Edinburgh
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Grand has been Edinburgh's gathering place for many years, and following a complete refurbishment, it's the perfect time to rediscover this unique destination. From the moment you set foot inside the granite-floored lobby, you'll feel welcome. One Square, our new restaurant and bar, serves a delicious range of classic British dishes all day long, while our beautiful new bedrooms blend contemporary comfort and Scottish materials with cutting-edge technology. Of course, some things at the Sheraton have always been unbeatable, from One Spa's iconic rooftop Hydropool, to the breathtaking views of Edinburgh Castle. We can't wait to share them with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.