The Howard is very welcoming and the character of the place is evident as one settles in the lounge with tea or coffee as the formalities of checking in are sorted. Our room, the same as on previous visits, was at the front and although there is some traffic noise (cobbled street!) it was very comfortable and spacious. Dinner in the Atholl room was excellent with service to match. Plenty of choice at breakfast. We dined out on our second night but the hotel was happy to make arrangements and book taxis. The attitude of the staff was excellent throughout our stay, helpful, pleasant but not intrusive. We're already looking forward to our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Expedia so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland