I've stayed at the Howard on a number of occasions now and continue to rave about the hotel to friends and family. On this occasion I've reduced my normal rating of 5/5 to 4/5 due to some very minor disappointments on my last visit, none of which really affected my enjoyment or comfort during my stay, but was a reduction in quality I had previously experienced. I stayed at the hotel for two nights. The first disappointment was that I was not offered the turn down service on either evening. Previously I had returned to my room after an evenings entertainment to find the room tidied and bed turned back. The second disappointment was on the second evening when on my way out to a restaurant for dinner I informed the receptionist that my coffee tray in room was ready for collection, only to find it still on the desk in my room when I returned some three hours later. Like I said nothing major but not the perfect service I had previously enjoyed. I learnt that Andrew the Head Butler was absent for the two nights that I stayed so hope that this is why there were these oversights by the Butler team. I will return at some point in the near future when I hope to find things have returned to the perfect service I have previously experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland