Our room was well decorated, great views and massive comfy bed.
Staff were helpful, location was ideal for everything including a bus to the airport (so don't waste money on a taxi) and we also ate in their Galvin restaurant which was great.
The pool and steam room etc were not relaxing as they were too bright and had more of a 'gym' feel than spa. However they did give you big towels! Just don't go expecting serenity! Too many kids screaming....all 3 times we used it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walforf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland