My wife and I decided to have a quick weekend break at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh was long overdue as I last visited this Hotel on the day George Best signed for Hibs FC one of Edinburgh's two senior SPL football clubs ..Then it was stuffy and overpriced and service was snobbish but poor ..so I was very interested in how the Hotel had changed over the almost 30 years since my last visit..
When we arrived the concierge politely took the keys of our car and our luggage away to our room and the car to where cars go at the Waldorf Astoria.The reception staff were disarming and very professional and on the ball with their duties and gently and impressively shepherded us to our newly upgraded Classic room on the top floor ..The room was freshly decorated in Laura Ashley type colours and finishings and was equipped with everything including an a well know brand of espresso coffee maker ..impressive ..the traditional bathroom had been upgraded and well set up for the purpose ..luxurious comes to mind ...
Time flew by as there is so much to do in Edinburgh whether it the Castle visit or a visit to Harvey Nicholls
Or tea at the a Dome it's full of enjoyable places to visit.
Dinner out at a favourite restaurant made me wait till breakfast to sample the catering hospitality and I was not disappointed ..it was excellent ..the new Tram System was being texted prior to hoping into public service and whilst it took a long time to organise it looks a fantastic project nearing completion.
A stay at the Waldorf Astoria should be on the visitors to do list as it is and excellent venue for traditional Scottish Hospitality in the Scottish Capital.
Excellent Traditional Scottish Hospitality .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walforf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland