Spent 5 nights at the Caledonian and in general found the experience very pleasant. The Concierge staff were fabulous, even to the point of arranging for our hire car to collected from the hotel, rather than us having to fight the traffic to return it to the Avis office. We were fortunate enough to be in The Robert Louis Stevenson suite. This gave us brilliant views of the castle and fireworks each night following the Tattoo. The suite was spacious and the bed comfortable. However we needed to keep the windows open to get some air into the rooms as they were very stuffy and hot. This made the rooms very noisy with the frequency of buses and other traffic. Turning on the "air conditioning" sounded like we had a jet engine in our room and offered no cooling so the traffic noise was preferable. As a female I found the lighting, particularly in the bathroom, dreadful. Made applying makeup impossible. Other mirrors in the suite were no better.
For a hotel of this standard and for the price being charged I would have expected more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walforf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland