My husband and I stayed here for two nights on 11th August. Firstly, the location is excellent and the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. But everything from there on in was very average for us. The room was quiet, but nothing exceptional and our TV was in a very strange position. Our biggest frustration though was that there is no wifi in the room. You have to pay £15 to get access, which, considering the exhorbitant cost of the room was quite frankly an insult. They claim there is "free" wifi in the Peacock Alley bar, but we could not get it to work. We travel extensively around the world and found this hotel incredibly over-priced for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walforf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland