Stayed here earlier in the week with my husband and two children for an overnight visit to Edinburgh. Lovely hotel had twin double bedroom, which was huge, and had the most wonderful view from our window of the castle. Very central for shops, castle resturants etc.. Clean, very comfortable and friendly staff. Water, juice and apples in room when we arrived, and lovely breakfast with good service. They allowed my son to take the little 'mascot' toy home with him that had been placed in the room which was a nice touch. Really nice place to stay in a lovely city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walforf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland