Normally when in Edinburgh I stay at the other end of Princess Street at the B,..oral, however I had a private meeting in one of the conference rooms next day so decided to stay in the hotel.
This hotel surpassed my expectations, from the minute I entered the lobby area to be greeted by a very pleasant traditionally dressed doorman and through the check in process, which was businesslike, efficient and seamless.
Ok so the whole hotel has undergone a refurbishment programme but that is to Waldorf's credit and they have done it just right.
I asked for a quiet room away from traffic and got exactly what I requested, inner facing on the second floor, even though it was a standard room it was very well appointed, sufficient facilities for my stay, the bed was very commfortable, the room was spotless and when I got in the turn down service had been which was a ice touch, the bath robes are very, very comfortable and the A/C worked fine, even though I am a light sleeper I had a good nights sleep.
I had a drink in the bar before going out to dinner and that was also a nice experience, the breakfast was fabulous, everything freshly cooked with great friendly service.
Overall the service was first class, the staff were excellent and with very good service at this hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel and when I am next in Edinburgh I will definately be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walforf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland