Stayed in deluxe twin room. £200 per night for two including breakfast but excluding parking which was £20 per day. Cannot book parking in advance- first cone first served although the hotel has an arrangement for overflow to use a nearby multi storey car park. Wi-fi access £15 per day. Excellent location on Princes Street and the view from our room, which was of the Castle, was magnificent. The room was a good size and well appointed with comfortable beds. There was no separate shower in the bathroom. Some of the furnishings were worn. The £4 bottle of water left out for our delectation (not) was covered in a layer of dust and this rather represented the overall experience in this hotel. Laid back rather than efficient business hotel. Breakfast was OK although not wonderful - self service buffet-but the room it was served in was shabby and truly dismal so I would not pay the £20 extra to breakfast there again . There was no porter at the door and the car park barriers and ticket machines were broken. I witnessed the distress this caused an elderly client with evident mobility problems as did the reception staff who did apologise for the state of affairs but it gave a very amateurish and odd impression. Perhaps management were enjoying a well earned break after the Christmas and New year break .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walforf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland