my wife took me on a weekend break to the Caledonia for my Birthday
and wee booked into a Queen Deluxe room with a view of the Castle, the view we had was absolutely stunning ( especially at night when lit up).
the room was immaculate, and the food was beautifully cooked and presented at Breakfast
and Afternoon tea in Peacock alley is a must.
the staff at this hotel must rate as one of the friendliest ,and courteous we have encountered
over the last few years and are a credit to their employers.
we also used the Spa facilities and they were spotless!
we would certainly recommend a stay at this Beautiful hotel , you are treated like royalty
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walforf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland