We've just returned from a business/social trip to Edinburgh and moved to the Caledonian for our 2nd night of the stay. The facilities inside the hotel and service are excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed late night drinks in Peacock Alley, which is ideal for relaxing with family, friends or the papers. Our room was very well appointed, although quite a long walk along various corridors. Unfortunately we only had a view of the car park. Shower was superb, as was large screen tv and coffee machine. Some great touches. Most annoying and dissappointing was the 25 minute wait for breakfast! We've never queued for breakfast in any other hotel before and to do it in a hotel of this calibre was extremely dissappointing. We weren't even offered orange juice or coffee whilst we waited. We were then annoyed to see that waiting guests were seated in preferential order and not per length of wait. Clearly if you pay more you get better service! When we pointed this out they were clearly embarrassed to have been found out. Once seated the food was very good but the staff could not cope with the volume. Not great for a hotel of this standard, glad we did not book for dinner.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caledonian, A Walforf Astoria Hotel, or the “Caley” as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone façade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city’s west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley’s pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel’s reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.