“Clean, Comfy and in a Great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place Hotel

You added Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place Hotel to your Saves list
Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh EH1 3BG, Scotland (Broughton & Calton)   |
Ranked #99 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Clean, Comfy and in a Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here with my wife for 2 nights over the bank holiday weekend, lovely old Edinburgh building from the outside, spotlessly clean modern hotel on the inside.
Check in was very quick and welcoming, all the staff we spoke too during our stay were very friendly and processional.
The room was plenty big enough with huge comfortable bed and all the facilities you need, everything in room and bathroom was spotless and fresh.
The location of the hotel is ideal, just a short walk from the Qpark which you receive a discount for parking on and easy walking distance to either side of town for a large choice of bars, restaurants and music venues.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Edinburgh and would not hesitate to stay again the next time we visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back and higher are quieter
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Because this hotel was much less expensive than most others in the city centre, I had expected it to be a bit shabby. But it was not. The room was clean, there was lots of counter space in the bathroom, and the bed was comfortable. The staff were all very personable, and they let me store my luggage on the morning I checked out. It is only a few minutes to walk to the train station, and across the street from Rabbie's tours. That's part of the reason we booked it - we were coming back from from a multi-day Rabbie's tour and didn't want to mess around with a taxi or long walk to a hotel.

My only complaint is that there is only 30 min of free wi-fi, and you have to pay after that. Regardless, I would definitely stay there again.

Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

....Rabbie's tours accross the road and a lovely italian place next door.

Clean and spartan and perfect location. Taxi to airport and back £45.

Would suggest the purchase of the two days combined turist bus ticket for around £45. This ticket takes you to the Castle and alllows fast tracking. Also includes the visit of the Britannia.

Seascale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very well placed hotel, right at the top of princess street and within easy walking distance of all the major attractions. The room was small but spotlessly clean and the bathroom had a really good shower in it. My room was at the back of the hotel and it was really quiet. The staff are very polite and helpful and I would return here on my next visit.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for 2 nights here as a base for exploring Edinburgh for the first time. Reception were great - they stored our luggage until our room was ready, and on the final day before our flight home, as well as suggesting where we should visit nearby (walk up to Calton Hill!)

The hotel is so close to The Royal Mail, St James shopping, Playhouse Theatre, and everything else is in walking distance. It took us about 25 minutes to walk from the hotel up to The Huxley restaurant/bar.

The room was typically Travelodge - clean, small, but absolutely fine for what we needed. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room upstairs - we stayed in 205
The Highlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you want a budget hotel close to all the action in Edinburgh then this is for you. I stayed 5 nights and found it perfect for my needs. Nice comfortable bed, TV and kettle and good shower. Slept well with very little noise for a city centre hotel. Only a few minutes walk from the shops, castle and Royal Mile with loads of public transport to take you further afield should you wish. I didn't try their breakfasts but lots of supermarkets close by and just bought my breakfast and ate in my room. The staff were courteous and friendly and kept my bag till I was ready to catch my bus. I would have no hesitation in recommending them and using them again. Good value when you see the prices many city centre hotels are charging.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We needed a reasonably priced hotel room near the rail station and also near where our tour coach was picking us up early in the morning. We knew there wouldn't be any breakfast facilities, and checked online to find a cafe nearby that would be open at 7.30am, and used Pep & Fodder two doors down, and they were perfect.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place Hotel? Share your experiences!