“Fantastic location, lovely room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place Hotel

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place Hotel to your Saves list
Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh EH1 3BG, Scotland (Calton Hill)   |
Ranked #106 of 147 hotels in Edinburgh
“Fantastic location, lovely room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We booked this hotel not really knowing where the main attractions were in Edinburgh but were very pleased to find it was right in the centre right near all the shops and attractions. Although it is right in the centre it is at the top of princes road so not too noisy. We parked in the omni centre which is at the back of the hotel, a couple of minutes walk. I would recommend prebooking the parking as we parked from Saturday to Monday and got the rate a lot cheaper than we would have on the day. We were quoted £54 for the parking but when paid online we paid £27..
The hotel was lovely, the nicest travelodge I've stayed in. Very modern, clean and seemed like it was all newly decorated. The staff were great and we really enjoyed our stay! Will stay here again if we are to return to Edinburgh.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

reception lady - awful attitude and looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if there was another room we could have as the one we had been given stunk with a wet shower curtain un fresh smell. There were mucky hand prints up the walls so god knows what had been going on there to get them where they were. Considering that this hotel on the website says it has just been updated with their fresh new look - I think the cleaning staff need to talking to at the next team meeting.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at Waterloo Place in Edinburgh and found the Travelodge a very pleasant experience. The room was comfy and well decorated. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and location was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Travelodge offers excellent value for money. We booked our room late for a quick overnight stay in Edinburgh city centre. We paid just over 50 pounds for the room which is fantastic for the location. We couldn't have been more central for all amenities. The room was basic but very comfortable and extremely clean. Would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here last summer with my then boyfriend and was pleasantly surprised as this was my first stay in a Travelodge hotel! The staff were absolutely lovely and nothing was too much trouble for them. I will warn that the walls can be thin as we stayed opposite a group of boys who were having some form of band practice till the early hours, but it still wasn't terrible and we could still sleep. We paid around £70 for three nights and we got more than what we paid for, with exceptionally clean rooms and comfy beds. The only thing I would say is that if you want a room with a nice view than I would probably request one, as we got the view of the side of another building - but didn't bother us at all as we were constantly exploring Edinburgh. Excellent location also, with Calton Hill a short walk away, and the shops down the street would definitely recommend to a friend!

Room Tip: I just realised I rated a non existent pool but I don't know how to get rid of it! My tip wou...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family stayed here 3 nights while in Edinburgh. Clean comfortable rooms.
We were pleasantly suprised and would stay here again.(Keep in mind you get what you pay for.)
No A/C so the rooms were a tad warm and stuffy at times. NO bedbugs!!!
Great value for the price we paid. Very convient location.
I would recommend the Snax Cafe which was a couple blocks west of the hotel for eats. Good local food at very resonable prices.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My mother and I stayed in 3 rooms in this hotel over a period of 2 weeks (between short trips out of city). The guys at the front desk were always nice. This hotel was close to just about everything - one could walk to castle, palace, restaurants, royal mile, whatever. It felt safe. We had one window that looked out on alley and one that looked out on side street (all were below ground floor). We kept the windows open and it could be a bit noisy (world cup games and a saturday night), but it didn't keep us up. The rooms were all clean but they were also small. We had one double room and two "family rooms". The double room would be best for a couple, rather than two non-intimate people. The family room would be ok for a couple and a small child but crowded for more than that. The trundle and the cot mattresses were not very comfortable. The hotel was reasonably priced for this location. Just be prepared to be on top of each other mostly. You get 30 minutes of free wi-fi a day, any more and you have to pay. The signal and speed was not great (even if paid version). A few doors down there is a convenience store, a pub, and a good italian restaurant. There is a nice walk nearby (Calton Hill). Taxis and busses easy on Waterloo and Princes. Tourist information nearby.

Room Tip: If you get a cot, then they take the sofa and there is only 1 chair otherwise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place Hotel? Share your experiences!