“Yum!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Tapas
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Port of Siam offers Thai Fusion by the beautiful Newhaven Harbour, Edinburgh. Chef Phaitoon and his team blend authentic Thai spices with locally sourced fresh fish and seafood from Newhaven Fish Market, merging traditional Thai cuisines with modern Scottish cooking to create our delicious seafood dishes, and quality Scottish farm produce to re-create our traditional and contemporary dishes. Port of Siam is currently open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday. We are open for a lunch service on Thursdays and Fridays from noon till 2pm and open from noon till 10:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays. We look forward to seeing you.
“Yum!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I visited Port Of Siam on Saturday 8th of March with my boyfriend and another couple. This was our first visit but the other couple had dined a few times before. The food is gorgeous, lots of flavour. I had the Chicken Satay and then the Chicken Pad Tai. I will definitely be returning soon.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Me and my husband went there on Thursday. The restaurant very small but very cozy.The food was amazing. The service is very good. Yes... We are going back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester
“Just Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

What can I say about Port of Siam except EXCELLENT.
The service, the food, the attention to detail is just perfect.
My daughters and I had a truly wonderful meal in a relaxed, warm and friendly environment. The waiter was just perfection, unobtrusive but our glasses were always filled before we needed to ask, our food was delicious and immaculately presented.
This is a MUST VISIT restaurant when in Edinburgh and we will most definitely be going back.

Visited February 2014
Scotland
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I went to this restaurant on the recommendation of friend. The restaurant was very busy and I therefore thought it would be very good but my friend ordered leg of lamb and it was tough. Did not come off the bone without effort and even when it did it was tough. She left most of it and when the waitress came to take our plates away I commented on the lamb and it was obvious how bad it was with the amount my friend left on her plate.

We did not receive an apology or even a free coffee so very disappointed and do not think I will return. Quite expensive for a restaurant not in the heart of the city.

I would recommend Chaophraya which is far superior.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Will be returning...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I went to port of siam on friday evening with my girlfriend and we both really enjoyed the food. I phoned at lunch time to ask about a table, there wasnt any available at the time i phoned but soon after recieved a phone call from a very helpful member of staff explaining there was a cancelation and which tabke he could offer us. He also put a note on the booking to say we would be slightly late which was helpful as i didnt feel i had to rush to get there on time.

Food was lovely, we shared prawn crackers, £2.50 mind you. I dont think you should ever have to pay for them.

Starters we had, flashfried prawns with dip and pulled pork corn cakes with dips. They were both really nice and very fresh/hot.

For the mains we had prawn green thai curry and lamb shank massaman curry. The prawns again were very fresh and meaty. The lamb fell off the bone so easily and was lovely and tender. We had 2 rice, 1 would have been plenty. 2 beers and 1 cocktail. £62. Very reasonable for the quality of service.

My only complaints were the paying for prawn crackers and the seat we had. It was a high table in the middle of the restaurant and i would have prefered a both or a window seat but i phoned up so late on the day i cant really moan to much.

Another little thing was the front of port of siam looks like a little cottage which adds to the relaxed homely feel of the place.

I am looking forward to returning or trying the sister branch, the bangkok bar.

• Visited February 2014