“Had a fantastic time!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 270 Activities in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a truly unique private guided driver tour of Scotland with popular local Scottish tour guide, Craig McCall Flynn BA(Hons). Personal Scottish tours from 1 to 30 days for singles, couples, families or groups up to 8 people.Let me show you the real Scotland from the back roads, avoiding the bus tour hoards and tourist traps. Discover the historic castles, colourful history, breath-taking scenery and hidden gems that make Scotland one of the most amazing places in the world! With more than 30 years experience of exploring Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland I look forward to sharing with you these beautiful countries, their history and culture based on your requirements.
Regina, Canada
“Had a fantastic time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We took a one day private tour with Craig. Craig is awesome! Before booking he was prompt in answering all my questions. He put together an itinerary that fit our time frame. He is very knowlegeable with the history & culture of the areas. He is also very attentive, friendly and has a great sense of humour! We visited Rosslyn Chapel, Stirling Castle, Doune Castle and also drove to the edge of the highlands. We were able to take all the time we needed at each stop and never felt rushed. Our only regret is that we didn't book a longer tour. We will definitely book a longer tour next time!

Visited April 2012
CraigF, Owner at Mini Day Tours Scotland, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Thanks for the review. Very much enjoyed our time in the Highlands and showing you round the castles. Regards, Craig.

New Boston, New Hampshire
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I cannot say enough about Craig Flynn and Mini-Tours ... We spent a day with him recently in SouthWest Scotland, visiting the little village where my grandfather was born (Auchencairn) and the surrounding area. We found Craig to be delightful and knowledgeable and made our day very special indeed. I feel that I now have a new friend in Scotland! I will not hesitate to contact him when I am ready to return!

Visited December 2012
Thanks for the review. A very interesting day showing you round the area of Dumfries and Galloway. Regards, Craig.
Danville, California
“Craig beats expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Recently I traveled with my wife on a business trip to Scotland. This was my first visit to this beautiful country. Craig took me on a solo tour of Edinburgh, nearby villages and the countryside. This was a delightful experience and I felt that I got a good crash course of the culture and history of the area. One of the highlights of the tour was having lunch with him in the oldest Pub in Scotland - the Sheep Heid Inn - a place patronized by Mary Queen of Scots and Bonnie Prince Charlie. Craig is truly best in class !! If you're looking for a high quality tour, Craig would be your man. Looking forward to visiting Scotland next year and touring with Craig.

Craig - thanks for making my trip to Scotland memorable. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Tom M.
Danville, Calif.

Visited December 2012
Thanks for the review. Always enjoy showing people the hidden gems of Edinburgh! Regards, Craig.
Des Moines, Iowa
30 attraction reviews
“Perfect Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I had only a few days in Scotland. We were staying in Edinburgh but wanted to get out for a day trip. We contacted Craig through Mini Day Tours, and we had a wonderful time. Our day tour was the highlight of our trip.

I knew next to nothing about Scotland and wasn't sure what to see or do. We decided to go to St Andrews. We stopped in some small fishing villages along the way, and I got to comb through old graveyards and see old churches. In St Andrews, we chose to drive by a number of sights, and then we spent time at the old cathedral. The best part was hearing a lot of the history and details from Craig. Without him, we wouldn't have gotten so much out of the trip. He knew so much and was able to answer almost all of the random questions we had. He's good at quickly learning what interests us, and I could tell he was customizing the tour for our interests.

We had a fabulous time, and if we ever find ourselves in Scotland again, I know we'll be calling Craig for another tour!

Visited December 2012
Thanks for the review. Pleasure to meet you and show you round Fife. Regards, Craig.
Westwood, NJ, USA
3 attraction reviews
“Great guide, great tour, weather wasn't ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Craig did a great job despite cold and late season with some attractions to longer available. When the weather cooperated and the delivery of water for the whiskey slowed down, we got to see all that we hoped to see and visit. Worthwhile and trust worthy. Can't go wrong with this lad.

Visited October 2012
Thanks for the review. Glad the tour worked out despite the challenging weather! Regards, Craig.