“go for better options...really not professional” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Real Tours Edinburgh

Real Tours Edinburgh
Cerrado de Forma Temporal | 154, High Street ( The Royal Mile), Edinburgh EH1 1QS, Scotland (Old Town)
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The perfect way to discover Edinburgh and its secrects.Historical, funny and scary tours. Languages availables: English, Spanish and Italian.
Milano
52 attraction reviews
“go for better options...really not professional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I did reserve 2 tours with them some days in advance cause I had very short time and wanted to make sure to enjoy the best...
I got confirmation via email about the meeting time and point. Just the afternoon before I left, I've been advised via email that the guide was not available anymore, sorry tour cancelled. I spent the whole afternoon looking for a solution but it was obviously too late. So i wrote again complaining about the lack of professionalism and the lack of alternative options as cancellation was not caused by me. Only after this email, i got informed that there was one free tour available.. unfortunately too little, too late...go for better options..

Visited March 2011
syptours, Gerente at Real Tours Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
We are very sorry about having to cancel your italian walking tour.As we adviced you on our cancellation email was a health problem with our italian tour guide that we could not expect to happen, therefore that was the reason why you were adviced with such a short notice.Like health problems are out of our control is not a professional matter of the company.
Not offering an alternative in the beginning was a matter of language as you are italian speaking and we could not think you would be interested in either an english or spanish walking tour.

Once again, sorry for any incovenience.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely day out !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

It was freezing out and the weather was pretty bleak but had a lovely time on the tour with our guide - lots of quirky littly local tales and managed to cover a lot of the city in a short time !

madrid
“A MUST DO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

Helen made our days in Edinburgh, she is a wonderful tour guide full of passion, great entertainer and such a great storyteller. Is a Free tour but she deserved the best, go with her and you will see shy. Don't miss the ghost tour we went on a graveyard to know facts about witches, murders, underground vaults and all the scary thing. It was very rainy night and she kept us so entertained and scared that we forgot the rain!!!!
They are a new company and I would really want to wish the best because they really rock. I recomend this tour to everyone!!!!
Now travelling in Spain and I really wish I could find a tour like that here!!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“terrifyingly awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

this tour was quite simply awful, being someone who lives in Edinburgh I thought it was about time i did one of these tours....i wish i'd gone to one of the other companys! bad story telling, inaccurate history and quite clearly set up to jump on the band wagon of ghost tours within the city and taking advantage of tourists who dont know much better....dont be fooled!

Dortmund, Germany
“Interesting and personal guided tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

We were extremely lucky: It turned out to be a private tour. Of ourse, on other days there will be more people taking part. We were a bit faster than bigger groups. Joe was a great guide, showed us everything interesting and important and answered all of our questions. The price of 7 GBP is reasonable for such a great tour. The best kick-off for our Edinburgh stay.